gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975550 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 05:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Brits A-Final Predictions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School Brits A-Final Predictions  (Read 1413 times)

dialledbikes

Old School Brits A-Final Predictions
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Seems like things are getting interesting.  Possibly 4 gates.  And old school legends like Tim March, Mike Pardon and possibly Craig Schofield, Jamie Vince, Tony Slater racing.

So what's people's predictions for who will make the final?

Webdawg

Re: Old School Brits A-Final Predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:53 AM »
We have some unknown quantities coming so it's hard to predict.

A few A Main makers IMO

Quad Paul
SE Mark
Mike Pardon
Ratty (now e's off the fags)

It's gonna be a hard 1 to call who will win tho :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:55 AM »
I know its going to be fun,

no matter who wins we are going to show the UK what OS is about,
no longer the interval entertainment but a genuine class that needs recognition :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Bloomin 'eck!

Really really gutted I can't make it.

(I might see if I can get my better half to drive me there so I can at least watch....)

DR VINOAH

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:36 AM »

A few A Main makers IMO

Quad Paul
SE Mark
Mike Pardon

nik

you forgot someone tut tut
unforgivable >:(

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:39 AM »
just glad you have all made or are making a good effort to support the event.
that makes you all winners.and mike pardon will win i think   :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Not sure about Mike winning. Don't get me wrong he'd cream us if this was the only class he was racing in but he has 40+ cruisers and Masters to concentrate on so this will be a laugh for him.

Marchy has bad ligaments and will probably just roll round and enjoy it, Schofield will probably do the same thing.

I think the main contenders are going to be Te Harve, Quad Paul, Nishki, Mt Rusty, however if Buckmore Bat is allowed out then he'll cream the lot of us.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Zipps, dont count yourself out, you will be up for it as well. If Im honest, theres a lot of extremely quick guys who dont race anymore who might just come out of retirement for this one race, look at the faces who turned up at MK, some of them guys are vert, dirt guys. They turned up to show support so Im sure the same will happen at the Brits.
I for one will not be putting my money on anyone :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Matt & James reckon Burnham track will kill the Old Skool bikes so start looking at those younger riders on not-so OS bikes.  So that rules out most of us lot then!!   ;D I'm expecting former British Champion John Stockwell to confirm he'll be out with buddy Jools Allen both of whom are quick and can stand the pace of a full lap - unlike Schoffie!!  ;) Tough call but agree that QuadPaul is in with a shout although he'll presumably be riding another championship class.  And what about Wolfy (will he do both??)  I think the timetable of events will tell who adds their name in.  If OS is run as an evening event prior to the Brits proper on the Sunday then I think quite a few oldies will want some extra track time and opt in.  If we run simultaneous with the Brits then it's a different story for those running a Nu Skool class too.  IMO Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 04:02 PM »
I reckon fitness will be key to doing well cos not many of us old buggers jump stuff, especially big new school jumps on twitchy old school bikes.

The art of berm warfare (and how to put people over them) will also come in handy  ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 04:10 PM »

The art of berm warfare (and how to put people over them) will also come in handy  ;)

Ive almost got that bit down, ay Humps?  :LolLolLolLol:

Webdawg

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 04:16 PM »
I reckon fitness will be key to doing well cos not many of us old buggers jump stuff, especially big new school jumps on twitchy old school bikes.

^^^^^
Best gimmme the 01 plate now then >:D :angel: ::) :-*

KGB Matt

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 04:23 PM »

A few A Main makers IMO

Quad Paul
SE Mark
Mike Pardon

nik

you forgot someone tut tut
unforgivable >:(

Yea you forgot about ME.... Lightning Matt.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Flying_fox

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 07:11 PM »
I think Alex will do well, if he can jump the two bigish sets on the first straight he'll be gwan. Julian Allen will also be another hot contender, I saw him beat Paul Bennitt a couple of times on Sunday and thats no easy thing to do.

Don't worry about Pardon, we'll take care of him in the Masters... ;) :knuppel2:

The second berm is take out central, you've got to be brave going in there, it's like a tarmac wall of death.

Humps lads are right,  I predict at least  3 os bikes and 6 sets of os  forks will snap on that track. Its got more tarmac than the M5 and the rest of it is as hard as a road.

The track is undergoing changes at the moment, sounds like it's going to be interesting http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php't=11956, shame I couldn't get Charlie Phillips site to work earlier, I want to see what we're all letting ourselves in for.

oldmankev

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Nice one Miles nobble Mike  :LolLolLolLol: Seriously though dont underestimate Mr Pardon
i can confirm he is one quick guy, fitness may be an issue if he is doing 3 classes though.

BMXpert

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 10:13 PM »
I think Alex will do well, if he can jump the two bigish sets on the first straight he'll be gwan. Julian Allen will also be another hot contender, I saw him beat Paul Bennitt a couple of times on Sunday and thats no easy thing to do.

Cheers Miles (it was only once though, next time..... ;)).
Are you joining in the Old Skool fun ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Brits A-Final Predictions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx