gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 12:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  front wheel alignment spacers help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: front wheel alignment spacers help?  (Read 1226 times)

adamski9471

front wheel alignment spacers help?
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:15 PM »
i am currently building a diamondback for my daughter,i have some new rims to fit but the old spacer/washers are knack.can anyone help me as i need some new one's to continue and hopefully grt finnished for crimbo.ps can anyone date and model the bmx?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: front wheel alignment spacers help?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:46 PM »
As long as you have the bearing cone nuts in place, you can use a standard M10 washer to take up any gap. Available anywhere.

adamski9471

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:58 PM »
As long as you have the bearing cone nuts in place, you can use a standard M10 washer to take up any gap. Available anywhere.
but the forks have a keyhole shape where the spindle goes and has a bit of movement the old washers had a shape to them which filled the gap.i have been to j e james and could'nt help.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Oh, I get ya.   Well, to be honest, if it were me I would let the axle sit in the very top of the dropout and do the wheelnuts up tight.  If a 15 stone bloke was going park riding on it then I'd say sort out the correct 'top hat' washers for the dropouts, but as its for a child it won't give you any concern as long as the nuts stay tight.

As for finding the right washers for the job, I'm not sure where you'll find them...

adamski9471

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 08:19 PM »
cheers pal i will just do em tight for now but theres a good chance i will be riding from time to time and i am currently 15 stone so i will keep trying/looking thanks.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Hehehe.....  now how could I know that???

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 08:46 PM »
I know the things, might have some, will have a look later and let you know

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 08:59 PM »
found 1!
or it could just be a 14mm axle to 10mm axle convertor washer, will have another look on Saturday when I can get in the shed.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:15 PM »

motomagII

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 08:47 AM »
im keeping an eye on that thread and no ones replied >:( :LolLolLolLol:

adamski9471

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44 PM »
found 1!
or it could just be a 14mm axle to 10mm axle convertor washer, will have another look on Saturday when I can get in the shed.
cheers pal would appreciate them (if you find em).my shed must be same as yours as i lost one of the worn out one's and can't find it anyware or may have been able to get some turned out at a machinist/metalworks in sheffield.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  front wheel alignment spacers help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx