gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 05:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  best 08 bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: best 08 bikes  (Read 3888 times)

QuadPaul

Re: best 08 bikes
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Cheers Rob, it certainly has been taking a pounding this last few months.

i bet it doesn't stop Trev asking you though about new bars or cranks  ;) 

Just about every 5mins :LolLolLolLol:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Again Dom gotta say what  alot say
'Depends on your budget are you going for a complete around £200- £250 , I'd go for a DK as for that price range I think they are the only ones that come with a all tube cro-mo frame  ,forks
So you'd still have a good basis to upgrade parts to later on if you wished

On the other hand if you fancied going balls out and spending more like £900
Then it's an S&M or Fly
with Fly rims , cranks ,brakes ,pedals ,KHE tyres Macneil seat

Probably gone past £900 actually  :-[

You can pick up a very good second hand NS bike for around £300 to £400
 but , please , please do your homework and don't buy anything too old or something with baba components   :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 07:28 PM »
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/13823/Eastern_Element_Bike_2008

26.5 lbls stock weight (without pegs)  spend another £100 and you could easily get it down to 25 lb ish :daumenhoch:

oh and buy it off someone else  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

oldschool rider

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 11:51 PM »
I also was lookin for a newschool bike to retire my trusty Trickstar after 17yrs of service and was surprised that everyone slags off Haro, What has happened their?

I mean the inventor of freestyle and no newschoolers have respect for that name I find that quite sad.

Anyway I finally went for a Mirraco Blend 2 in matte blue and although after a couple of days ridin I popped my knee out of joint  (Currently off bike) I really like this

bike, good price, good spec, and In my opinion a good lookin bike.

macky

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19 AM »
Don't order from winstanleys.....

TOTALY AGREE!!!

Do not order from Winstanleys wot ever you do!! I've had nothing but problems with almost every order!!

Also.... Eastern bikes are decent!!

oldschool rider

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27 PM »
WINSTANLEYS  Oh don't start me with that lot.

Being out of touch with newschool Bmx I bought myself a newschool bike locally here in Mallorca but wanted to put a dc hombre on the front ,as my forks don't have luggs for 99o's and I don't know anyone here in Mallorca that i Trust to weld some on I decided after looking at Winsanleys to buy a brake plate and the Hombre from them, seems easy enough..............

So I place my order for a black Hombre and the Brake plate ,  Then I receive an email saying that the Hombre in black is not in stock, so I then phone them from Mallorca and ask them if they have the brake "In STOCK" in any other colour, they say they have it in silver so I say ok send me the silver one after being informed that to send it to Mallorca would cost me 30 quid which I thought was expensive as the parts only added up to 27 quid I decided to send it to my mate in Glasgow which was stated would cost me 3.50 and as my mate was coming out here the following week was no hastle.

So winstanleys then send the Hombre to my mate in Glasgow with no frickin brake plate and charged me 20 quid postage what good is a Hombre with no frickin plate, then I receive another email from them saying that there supplier doesn't know when they will arrive.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

p.s anyone have a brake plate for sale !!!!!!!!!

macky

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 02:46 PM »

I ordered my 2006 Hoffman Condor frame from Winstanley's in November 2005, at the store, paid with a cheque

was told by the guy behind the desk i'd have it in 4 weeks...  so the next year, Jan 06, after many phone call's...

i get a call to say it's arrived at the store... so i go to the store... ask for the frame i'd paided for 3 months before...

and they'd sold it to someone else!! with the spanish bb i paid for too!!

I did'nt get another frame til Feb!! 

Also, last year, i ordered an Odyssey lever, waited 2 months, cancelled the order... a month later they took the money

out my bank and sent the lever anyway!!  :idiot2:

Every order, ( bar one ) i have had a problem with!!!

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33 PM »
Wethepeople - Rob, Harry and Klaus are the real deal and it shows in their bikes.

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 08:17 PM »
         :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:      i agree now i just brought some fly 3 amigos bars waited 1 and a half months for them and when mr parcelforce drops them off i opened them box and they sent me a cream instead of grey with black written next to the colour :wtf:

DJ

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 08:13 AM »
haro are releasing more then 1 more line of completes yearly now, to try & keep up with the ever changing trends etc.... the spring bikes look really good...
http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/2008_Spring_BMX_Catalog.pdf

due in the UK around mid May for good prices too......

christhejob

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 09:49 PM »
dj, who wrote that catalogue?  it's bloody terrible!!  good job bmxers are thick   :D

DJ

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 03:09 AM »
that'll be tonyd   :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 06:09 AM »
i'd quote some of the intros but i'm not letting it load up again! the bikes look alright.  in an 08 styley. if you know what i mean!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  best 08 bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx