gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975559 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 04:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Ok here it is....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ok here it is....  (Read 1331 times)

Broggie

Ok here it is....
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Purists look away now...I finished this tonight (just now), the numbers on it are just to have something on it until I get a 'proper' number...

My survivor 95 Haro group 1 Ci

original frame (obviously) forks, bars, brakes, chainwheel, stem.

I Fitted Rogue grips, a saddle from 'eeek!' halfords which seemed to match the grips, Ukai rims with suzue hubs, Izumi chain, Dels decals, maxstar type 2 copy race plate, 1 piece crank (original bent), maxxis holy rollers, and welgo pedals (while i decide whether I want my legs scarred for life with the likes of shark bites).

Its no show pony and is built for falling off of in the OSS

here it is...

Ray.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Ok here it is....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Nice one Ray, will it be at Dagenham on Sunday round 1 of the Club's summer series?

Broggie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Probably not this sunday as I am finally taking a weekend to sit on my butt and drink beer...too much work lately as I have gone from being a driver to being warehouse manager  ::)

Ray.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Well come and watch and drink beer ;)

Broggie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Hmmm...might just do that...what time does it kick off?

Ray.

moley

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I like it!!!

Mine has just arrived from the US.

Haro Group One F+F in white.

I haven't a clue what year it is and It doesn't come with Race Technique Stickers on the Chainstays.

It does have a depression in the frame where the chainwheel might rub (if you had a 55t chainwheel that its)

Its exactly 20.5" TT from Centre to Centre which isn't the same as yours (I think yours was 21")

Is this the same frameset as yours or is it probably earlier or did they do lots of variations in the 90's including TT sizes?

Also, are your bars Haro one's.    They look similar to some Haro Fusion Freestyle bars that I saw somewhere!!  ???

It might not be true OS but I keep banging my knees on the handlebars so it'll be safer!!!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Love it  :daumenhoch:

FFS dont race it though, THEY have eyes and ears everywhere. I reccomend that you pull out all your teeth incase they have you tagged. Beware my friend, THEY are everywhere.

:LolLolLolLol:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Broggie

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 06:13 AM »
I like it!!!

Mine has just arrived from the US.

Haro Group One F+F in white.

I haven't a clue what year it is and It doesn't come with Race Technique Stickers on the Chainstays.

It does have a depression in the frame where the chainwheel might rub (if you had a 55t chainwheel that its)

Its exactly 20.5" TT from Centre to Centre which isn't the same as yours (I think yours was 21")

Is this the same frameset as yours or is it probably earlier or did they do lots of variations in the 90's including TT sizes?

Also, are your bars Haro one's.    They look similar to some Haro Fusion Freestyle bars that I saw somewhere!!  ???

It might not be true OS but I keep banging my knees on the handlebars so it'll be safer!!!

Sorry Moley I haven't a clue if the framesets are the same...Haro did so many different ones its hard to be sure of anything about some periods.  You are indeed correct, the bars are Fusions, but then I was informed by the original owner that these were the original fitment to this particular bike in question. 

Dark diggler...

Even if I pull out all the admittedly few teeth I have left they will still find me cos I'll be the one out on his own...last in the race, unless of course someone elses wheel falls off  :LolLolLolLol:

Ray.

moley

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 07:53 AM »
Thanks Ray,

I think I'll look out for some Fusion Bars as well.

I'll post some pics of my build when its built.   It might take a couple of weeks though.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 08:08 PM »

magna13

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 06:15 PM »
looking good ray :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Ok here it is....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx