gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 02:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Little point that needs sorting out, help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Little point that needs sorting out, help please  (Read 7145 times)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Little point that needs sorting out, help please
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 08:56 AM »
(edited my last post while you were replying.)
I want to touch ORB

thecrooch

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 10:15 AM »
dont think anyone was accusing you mate...  just leave be....  you have enough to getting on with at the moment....

bmx-796

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 12:00 PM »
i would like to know who started all this pointless arguing in the first place,

they stir the sh*t then sit back and keep their mouth shut, come on be a man(or woman) whoever you are, show yourself with your true name, or are you a coward?

Deb
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:02 PM by bmx-796 »

mr.magoo

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 02:00 PM »
I think after taking the time and cost to travel, and having paid registration shows commitment to the oss, and therefore should be rewarded with points, (sorry don't understand at all the points system), so could not say how many. To have taken the time cost and energy to get to a meeting, shows that there was initially intent to race.....so wheres the problem with awarding points?????

moley

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 02:27 PM »
I think the discussion is valid but it wouldn't apply to the North Region where we are tied to North Region BMX Rules.

If you dont start a race should you get any points etc. should be resolved by the RATTY's Poll.

For the South and Scottish regions they would have to decide what is fair.   So long as everyone is happy and the ruling is fair, I dont see what the problem is.

IMO. I dont think that you should get any points if you didn't make it to the meet (car broke down etc, etc) as it could be misused.

But in RATTY's case where he turned up intending to race but unable to he should get points.  Whether its last place or 12pts or whatever.   It's not like RATTY is trying cheat the system.  He turns up for every race and is enthusiatic about racing as anyone.

But 'In Cog Neato' is obviously stirring the shite otherwise he would brought up the point in a more straightforward manner instead of hiding behind an alias!!!

bof

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Ratty i've got plenty of points up here in the North Racing Series, i can spare you 32 points.send me an sae and i will send them to you ASAP. :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 06:37 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: Can I have some as well?

nishiki14

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Another thread thats caught my eye.......................right then last season I broke my collar bone and fooked my wrist while fighting for a top 3 finsh in the OSW07, I could not physically get on a bike for the next race but I made the effort to get up early and go to the next race, I paid my fees and I was given last place on the day.....................now nobody EVER said anything about that and I wasnt the only one :idiot2:

And also think about this, its a bit of a crap rule I know but its a rule all the same......................WE DROP THE WORST 5 RESULTS! so that 7th place most probably wont even appear in the standings at the end, in fact im gonna post the real standings right now.

And one more point for in cog neato or what ever the feck your name is, Ratty is my oldest friend but I do not blindley agree with everything he says but he has done more for Old School Racing than you could ever fecking dream about you knob cheese! :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1: :knuppel2: :rant: :wtf: :Aresehole:

Rooonga

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Sorry guys - but isn't this an open forum? I thought free speach is the order of the day here.

I wouldn't call anyone names no matter how my oppinion differs to someone else.

This is getting a bit low now isn't it?

This cog neto person hasn't called anyone any names, or even slagged anyone off. (Forgive me if I mis read the original post he made)

And it looked like Tony was gonna go with the minimum points thing - which makes it look like the fella may have made a valid point even if it was put the wrong way.

i don't like this fighting stuff.

This aint the place for it IMHO.

nishiki14

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Balls to that Roonga, this person is going under a new name to hide his/her id...............thats low.

moomin

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 11:18 PM »
whoever in cog neato is should be very afraid, the 1 thing tony guarantees is hell be honest and do it to your face hates wanky keyboard warriors, id be watching my back now buddy  :knuppel2:

bmx-796

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 11:35 PM »
Balls to that Roonga, this person is going under a new name to hide his/her id...............thats low.

ditto,

at least have the guts to let us know who you are,
to have known that ratty never even raced but got points you must have been at hersden, its even worse thinking that some-one you call a friend can stab you in the back, at least have have the guts to admit who you are.

Deb

moley

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 11:44 PM »
I dont think it was wrong for 'In Cog Neato' to bring up the subject as its an open forum.

The objectionable thing is the way he did.

Anonymous!!

Shouting!!

and the general tone of the post was deliberately confrontational and unpleasant!!

After a bit of a slanging match a few weeks ago which is now sorted and forgotten about (I hope)

Some people will be thinking that I'm the slimeball 'In Cog Neato'.

All I know is, there will be 2 people on this site who will know that I'm not 'In Cog Neato'

and that will be 'In Cog Neato' and me!!!

Some people just like to stir shit.

I'd prefer it if we all acted our age once and a while!!!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Moley, I know you aint Incognito. It doesnt matter who he/she is, its just a shame that they feel the need to hide, I thought mates could discuss anything, I didnt have an issue with the subject at all :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 11:53 PM »
Cheers Tony!! :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 07:24 AM »
Can Sir Stupple not disclose who in cog nito is to us??

Please Bill ... be a sweetie  :)

Sharon xx

grp4

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Moley, I know you aint Incognito. It doesnt matter who he/she is, its just a shame that they feel the need to hide, I thought mates could discuss anything, I didnt have an issue with the subject at all :daumenhoch:

your getting tabloid press treatment,     OS world champ one year :LolLolLolLol:   dirty cheat the next   what a lot of bollocks.you have my vote mate.grp4(black quadangle)

Rooonga

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17 AM »
If this forum software is anything like the stuff on badbmx, all the mods and admins will know the IP address of cog neto, they've only gotta have a little scoot around to see who else has logged in with this IP address to see who it is. (Unless it's someone else coming onto the site using the same PC as the other member - ie family memeber etc.) They'll also know who voted for what option in any vote, so could in theory use this info too.

moley

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 09:41 AM »
If they have a dynamic IP Address which changes everytime you log onto your ISP Server then the IP will change each time.

If they have a fixed IP address then they can be easily traced.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 12:30 PM »
In cognito's IP addy doesnt match any RADBMX user. He/She may have been a reader, rather than a poster up until this point.

Alternatively, as Moley said, it may be some Dynamic IP problem.

Either way, theres no association with any RAD member.

Now, is this discussion about "incognito", or about the Valid queston that Ratty has put forwards?

I want to touch ORB

Rooonga

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Votes look really interesting.

Same amount of votes for no points, as there are for minimum points scoring - thought these two options wouldn't have won a vote.

Come on everyone who hasn't voted yet - get your oppinions heard

dan-dare

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 12:36 PM »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 12:44 PM »
I checked In cognito`s ip addy as soon as he/she signed up as I thought it might be another member, but unfortunatly there is no match with anyone else  :(

With regards to the original question I thought it was a matter of course that you get points if you register for a race, whether you roll of the gate or not, isn`t it the case that you don`t have to compete in 5 regionals to qualify for the brits, only register.

At the Brixton regoinal Gary Grey could only ride in his first moto, how ever he still got last place points for his remaining motos and last place for the b final, how is the old school any different ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Well, the only way I can think of that it differs, is that there seems to be room to adapt the rules in OS racing, to suit the general concensus of opinion, and that Tony has decided to put up a poll to reflect that..... ;)
I want to touch ORB

moley

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Does anybody know about the North Region BMX rules?

Do you have to start 1 race to get points or just register and not race?

I'm going to ask them at Hartlepool for a copy of the rules so I can put them on the results website for the North Region Riders.

Its only fair that everyone knows the rules?  It stops any whinging!!!

The South region will work out their own rules and I'll put them on the results website for the South Region riders.

I dont think it matters too much for the Scottish region.   They'll make it up as they go along until their rider base grows enough so that they'll need set rules to avoid disputes.   At the moment they're a pretty close knit clan.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Little point that needs sorting out, help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx