gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 11:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Little point that needs sorting out, help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Little point that needs sorting out, help please  (Read 7140 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Little point that needs sorting out, help please
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Geeees when did it all get so dam serious?  i thought it was suposed to be about having fun on old bikes?  ???

Rooonga

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Geeees when did it all get so dam serious?  i thought it was suposed to be about having fun on old bikes?  ???

People are taking this all really seriously now.

It deffo did start out as just a laff, but it is so competitive now. Just look at Quadpaul and zippy fighting it out (not litterally) - they both want it so badly! And all the other riders want the chance to be there with them.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 02:09 PM »
sorry mate, i didn't mean no competition or friendly rivalry.....but it does seem to have become too serious and lost what it had back at the start? 

i maybe well out of order and wrong for saying so as i've never actually got my sorry @rse to one of the races  :-[  but maybe that's one of the reasons people have dropped out?   ???

moley

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 02:19 PM »
We are racing under North Region BMX rules and they score the races.

I haven't got a clue what the rules are but I would be interested in knowing what they are.

Just like I'd like to know the rules of any sport or game I'm playing.

Competition is healthy and adds to the excitement.

You wouldn't want it to turn into some PC Sports Day type of thing where you dont get any losers or winners, just everyone is a winner.

It might be a laugh and hearing the Northern Monkeys laughing all the way around the track is quite amusing but everyone puts the effort in.

I might be a backrunner but I still like to give it a go with MotomagII and Creamy and anyone else around me.

If I just wanted to ride around track then I wouldn't bother with all of this.

Being in a race is totally different than just messing around on a track.

It's a complete BUZZ!!  :daumenhoch:

eloopnai

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 02:26 PM »
i think the best way to sort this situation out would be to ask the riders that were there that day that managed to turn up to vote on this

its a rare situation some one not being able to safely ride after paying to race

rather than asking people that dont know tony or race old skool south

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 09:57 PM »
I am concerned that the votes cast doesn't reflect the general consensus, perhaps there are a few fake votes sneaking in to stir the crap. If your voting please put a comment up.

Its still about fun Rob, I just want it to be as fair as possible.  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I did vote but this vote doesn't affect me because I race under Official North Region BMX Rules.

If you only want South Region riders voting in this poll then I'll retract my vote!!

I did vote for No points.

But I retracted that vote and voted for Minimum points (whatever that turns out to be).

If a rider shows up at the track and pays to enter.  He/she falls ill or gets injured or something happens to the bike so they can't race then they should get minimum points because they showed good intentions to race and were unable to do so through no fault of their own.   Because gate numbers can vary wildly between events the minimum points awarded is fair.    If the rider wishes to get Last Place points all he/she needs to do is to roll off the start grid and last place points will be awarded.

If a rider pre-registers and fails to turn up to race or a rider turns up without the intent to race then they should get nil points.

Ultimately its a South Region decision and might be best handled by the riders on the day.  Because only they will know the full details of each case and will be able to judge accordingly.

sonic-1

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 10:43 PM »
i realy cant see the problem  :wtf: is the prob with the way it was done last year and this :rant: :rant:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 07:30 AM »
If you don't cross the start line, you shouldn't get any points. It's not if it really matters, all the points don't go towards the final placings at the end of the season anyway...

Remember kids.. Oldschool is about fun, isn't it? ???
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

grp4

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 09:01 AM »
in my veiw minimum points if you turn up and pay ,that way you wont get the situation of someone getting high points for a low gate turnout,i think thats fair,you should get some thing for making the effort and turning up even if you cant race for whatever reason.
my veiws in no way reflect on any one person,it will just stop any unfair advantage remarks.

i voted min points

grp4(black quad)

Beckyboo

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05 PM »

I reckon last place points if they're injured or roll off the gate.

12 points/attendance in all other circumstances if they've registered and paid entry fee.
Think this sounds right to me.
[/quote]

that seems fair to me  too :)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2008, 12:37 AM »
Why would you drive to a race, then pay money to race, and then not race, it sounds wrong to me. If you are ill, pissed, blind or a cripple...   don't pay your money and don't race :)

:tickedoff: ;D

Rooonga

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Why would you drive to a race, then pay money to race, and then not race, it sounds wrong to me. If you are ill, pissed, blind or a cripple...   don't pay your money and don't race :)

Probably because of the way the points were done up til this vote - they can still score high points ths way, and gain places in the table without racing.

dan-dare

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 12:33 PM »

Probably because of the way the points were done up til this vote - they can still score high points ths way, and gain places in the table without racing.

It's like not going to work, but still getting paid. Sweet. :uglystupid2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2008, 12:49 PM »

It's like not going to work, but still getting paid. Sweet. :uglystupid2:
If it happened every day then it would be a piss take, the point is its usually a one off, and is only done when racers are genuine.

During the winter series I broke my thumb, I could have collected last place points just by entering, but I rolled round the track to earn my points, because I didnt want to take the piss, precisely what I have been accused of here.

dan-dare

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2008, 01:17 PM »
During the winter series I broke my thumb, I could have collected last place points just by entering, but I rolled round the track to earn my points, because I didnt want to take the piss, precisely what I have been accused of here.

This is where things start to get blurred for me Tony. I can't see the point in entering a race with an inury, purely to obtain minimum points. It's not a case of taking the piss. :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Dan, I won the OSS winter series by 1 point!! over a season. Do the maths to see why?

dan-dare

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Dan, I won the OSS winter series by 1 point!! over a season. Do the maths to see why?

Maybe I don't take the whole racing concept as serious as some might, to the point where the issue we are discussing crops up. :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Its not that serious mate, but a #1 plate, is a #1 plate, worth fighting for in my books :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Tony mate don't worry about other people  ;) you deserve the points as i for one know the effort you put into bmx racing and your detrmination at the sport  :daumenhoch: you don't have to justify anything geezer  :)

JUST HURRY UP AND GET THAT CRUISER OUT AGAIN SO WE CAN BASH ELBOWS IN 40+  ;D

bmx-796

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2008, 08:37 AM »
at the end of the day, it don't matter if you finish first or last, its the taking part, having fun and making new friends along the way that matters,
what started out as a bit of fun and a laugh has become way to competative with all the back stabbing and slagging off, thats why i only go to the daggers races now.

in cog neato was right to raise the issue if they felt it was wrong, (but why hide) everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Deb
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:48 AM by bmx-796 »

Beckyboo

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2008, 02:34 PM »

I remeber a race that Phil was at where someone was ready to race but didn't because they were helping someone who was ill. It would seem unfair for them to come away without any points at all then for doing a good deed when they have intention of racing.

Could people have to race in a % of the races to be allowed in the table? I don't know why anyone would turn up to every race just to collect minmum points but there are some funny folks in the world ;D...that would stop that kind of thing though

sonic-1

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27 PM »
 :rant: :rant: the thing thats realy pissin me off is at the race in question tony was goin to race o/s but those of us THERE at the time talked him out of it in light of the problem he is suffering !!!!!!!! he was just about to dig his o/s out the van n ride anyway but my front tube decided to have a prob with the valve as i put air in it !!!!!!! at this point tony bein the truly nice guy he is offered me his tube rendering him unable to race  :wtf: so i realy cant see why people are having an issue with the fact he picked up a few points !!!!!!!!!!!!!! infact i think it should stand as it was at the time and if any rule change is considered it should run from the next race in the series  :tickedoff:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2008, 08:58 PM »
:rant: :rant: the thing thats realy pissin me off is at the race in question tony was goin to race o/s but those of us THERE at the time talked him out of it in light of the problem he is suffering !!!!!!!! he was just about to dig his o/s out the van n ride anyway but my front tube decided to have a prob with the valve as i put air in it !!!!!!! at this point tony bein the truly nice guy he is offered me his tube rendering him unable to race  :wtf: so i realy cant see why people are having an issue with the fact he picked up a few points !!!!!!!!!!!!!! infact i think it should stand as it was at the time and if any rule change is considered it should run from the next race in the series  :tickedoff:

So you 'caused all the grief then, taking the poor lads innertube so he couldn't roll over the line...  some mate you are ;D ;)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2008, 09:02 PM »
i voted no. no racey. no points.  :)
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Little point that needs sorting out, help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx