gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975561 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 07:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  steping it up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: steping it up  (Read 602 times)

eloopnai

steping it up
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:24 PM »
right then im doing the old skool south series although ive only made it to 2 races so far (thats another story plenty of them every race day for me  :LolLolLolLol: ) im definatly a lot better now than 7 months ago when i started riding again and fitter still havent got the hang of the gate but im sure that will come with practice
would it be a stupid move next year to move on to a new 20" 2008 bike and race that ? would i get my arse whipped every race as im 37? what class would i race ? or should i stick with the old skool ?  :D

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: steping it up
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41 PM »
TBH Ian, stick to old school for a while longer,then try your hand at a few masters races, but be warned they are quick and bloody mean. Watch them in action at Hayes in a couple of sundays time  :daumenhoch: 
A long time ago, in a land far away!

eloopnai

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20 PM »
good advice as always tony cheers
just all this talk of people doing cruiser next year makes me wonder if i will be on my own racing old skool :(

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Just do whatever you enjoy most and make the move up when it feels right  :daumenhoch:

There was no old school class when I came back 3 years ago so I was thrown right into 30-39 cruiser and sucked big time (dead last every lap).  But I stuck with it and although I've not really stepped up the jumping I've definitely gotten quicker around the track.

You're racing and that's the main thing.

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 09:10 PM »
defo stick to the OS Ian - the step up is massive - its not something to be taken lightly - just watching gary72 and Quadpaul racing up to that class at the BADBMX summer series was proof enough for me that there is a fairly big gap between the two classes.  Those two normally are 2 of 3 people regularly winning the OSS races at present and they were a fair distance off being in contention in masters.

ill still be there to keep you company next year!  And we need all the support we can get in the OSS!!

See you at hayes then...

eloopnai

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32 PM »
yep defo at hayes and the rest of the series and milton keynes weekend and the brits  :daumenhoch:

se

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Enjoy the big hills of Hayes you lot, I'm off to the sun for a few weeks, back for MK with any luck.

Hope the project is all good Ratty. Best to you and Team Rat.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  steping it up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx