gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975550 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 05:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  How come MK08 isnt included in the OSSS race calender .......?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How come MK08 isnt included in the OSSS race calender .......?  (Read 895 times)

Fiolas Lovechild

Hey guys was just wondering ,even though i have not been able to attend as many Old School races this season..... Why is MK08 not on the OSSS race calender . is it just me or potentially the biggest no i'll rephrase that ....THE BIGGEST OLD SCHOOL race meet of the year with the biggest attendance of old school racers is not a points scoring round. 

Last year it was the finale to the season and made  a really special weekend as the points scored that day counted towards the OSSS rankings.....I think around five or six of the top ten racers changed position......including me i went backwards a few places however I think it really made the day more competitive for all the OSSS riders.

Boys what do you all think?     :wtf:     :angrysoapbox:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: How come MK08 isnt included in the OSSS race calender .......?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:16 PM »
As far as I know the reason it's not an OSSS round is because you get loads of non south riders race and effectively mess with one of our races.

For example last year it was very close between Paul and Jason yet Paul only made the B final whilst Jason made the A, so it was a bit odd to not have them battling to the wire in the same race.

Also it's a chance to just let rip for one race against a load of new and different riders.

By the way good luck with the races guy's as I'm not going tis year.

nishiki14

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:18 AM »
As usual Zippy gets it wrong.........................again, right the reason we are not including MK08 in the series Russ is because MK is such a laugh and most people get absolutly s**t faced on the saturday night and to finish a season with a hang over or have an "early night" and miss all the fun might detract from the weekend so we thought everyone could have their cake and eat it, get bladdered on saturday night than race on sunday with no presure and just for fun but if everyone feels strongly about it we may change it for next year mate. :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 12:30 PM »
The truth is non of the southerners will get all the points anyway. Northern monkeys will sh1t theirelves  >:D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:52 PM by ROBO-RATTY »

moley

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:30 PM »
To have MK as a Proper round of OSS is a bad idea results wise!!!

The Scottish, North and South Regions each have their own Series and points systems.

The North is under the official North Region BMX rules and Scoring System so any points scored at MK are invalid.

And by the same turn any points for the South and Scottish region would be messed up by riders from other regions.

MK should be treated like a one-off National so that nobody has to worry about points and its just down to who's up for it on the day!!

Maybe it should be renamed as the 'Milton Keynes Old School BMX British Championships 2008'  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:39 PM »
As usual Zippy gets it wrong.........................again, right the reason we are not including MK08 in the series Russ is because MK is such a laugh and most people get absolutly s**t faced on the saturday night and to finish a season with a hang over or have an "early night" and miss all the fun might detract from the weekend so we thought everyone could have their cake and eat it, get bladdered on saturday night than race on sunday with no presure and just for fun but if everyone feels strongly about it we may change it for next year mate. :daumenhoch:

Actually I was just repeating what Ratty told me.  ::)

bof

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 06:47 PM »
The truth is non of the southerners will get all the points anyway. Northern monkeys will sh1t theirelves  >:D

Ratty  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  How come MK08 isnt included in the OSSS race calender .......?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx