gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 04:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Help with pegs??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with pegs??  (Read 2446 times)

Linus27

Help with pegs??
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Hi, my new bike came with 2 pegs. Each peg has a different size hole in the end. Why the different size holes as I am sure the axles on both wheels are the same size? Also, what peg goes on what wheel?

Sorry for ignorance, been out of BMX for 22 years and we never had pegs back in my day, only foot stands etc  :) :)

evamedia

Re: Help with pegs??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I expect your back axle is 14mm and your front is 10mm, most are.

Linus27

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:34 PM »
I expect your back axle is 14mm and your front is 10mm, most are.

OK, cool thank you so I assume that the pegs are for one side only. So it looks like I need to buy 2 more for the other side.

bensherman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37 PM »

Like durr, you know less than me   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Linus27

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27 PM »

Like durr, you know less than me   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Shut it you or else I'll tell your other half about the Skyway and tell her it cost twice as much as you say it cost  :LolLolLolLol:

bensherman

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Bugger

Linus27

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 01:59 PM »

Stella Dave

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50 AM »
same side for pegs nowadays, for grinding and picking!

Need to replace mine as they are mighty heavy!

Linus27

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 12:36 PM »
same side for pegs nowadays, for grinding and picking!

Need to replace mine as they are mighty heavy!

What about for flatland? Don't they run pegs on both sides???

moley

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 01:15 PM »
C'mon ya need two at the back to do back axle hops!!!

They were nice and easy!!!  :daumenhoch:

Linus27

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 01:38 PM »
C'mon ya need two at the back to do back axle hops!!!

They were nice and easy!!!  :daumenhoch:

HAHAHA I so remember all the kids getting them and thinking they were so cool going up the road hopping the back wheel up  :LolLolLolLol:

Stella Dave

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 02:16 PM »
of course, if you're flatland have them all round if you want. As said up to you.
I still haven't decided which side is my grind side!

Linus27

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 02:29 PM »
of course, if you're flatland have them all round if you want. As said up to you.
I still haven't decided which side is my grind side!

Mine would be my right side.

bensherman

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 02:33 PM »
You still fretting about these pegs? By the way missus is out of the way this afternoon so the coast is clear for my delivery >:D

Linus27

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 03:05 PM »
You still fretting about these pegs? By the way missus is out of the way this afternoon so the coast is clear for my delivery >:D

HAHAHA yes, its a big decision for me as having the talent to grind and do flatland, I just can't make my mind up. Of course you newbie won't be having to make these decisions for a while  :LolLolLolLol:

As for the wife, your only making it worse for yourself. Going behind her back, secretly spending money behind her back. Your so heading for trouble  :LolLolLolLol:

bensherman

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 03:13 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: I know but hoping the a tax rebate I'm waiting for lands in my letterbox soon  >:D Paid 2 or 3 yrs tax allowance on my works van and only just noticed it  ::)

Linus27

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 03:18 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: I know but hoping the a tax rebate I'm waiting for lands in my letterbox soon  >:D Paid 2 or 3 yrs tax allowance on my works van and only just noticed it  ::)

Do you think your wife will let you have that after she finds out you have been spending money behind her back?? Plus, being female she's bound to think you have been buying other things behind her back. Either way your wife will be going on an expensive shopping trip with your money some time soon :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

bensherman

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Already promised to take her to Jamaica for Xmas this bike has nearly took all that I'd saved up but will put tax rebate to it instead  ;)  So have you got set of pads and a lid yet?

Linus27

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Already promised to take her to Jamaica for Xmas this bike has nearly took all that I'd saved up but will put tax rebate to it instead  ;)  So have you got set of pads and a lid yet?

Not yet but should get helmet any day now. Also going to buy the 661 veggie knee pads and the 661 chicken wing elbow pads. Really looking forward to the Creation night. My only worry is fitness. After spending 15 mins on the ramps down here I was uber knackered. Going to work on fitness a bit but with only a month to go, not sure how much difference it will make.

Have you got your pads and helmet yet?

bensherman

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Still waiting for pads to arrive and will get a helmet next wk when funds allow, got some money owing me but they've gone on hols then it will be  :knuppel2: if they dont come to me

bensherman

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Your fitness will come back quicker than you think, I lost 3 stone working on the house last yr and luckily I work in the building trade so always active and kept the weight off, plus missus bought me a boxer puppy last yr so have to walk him twice a day so it all helps, but as long as you do a bit each day it will become easier - I went out on my mtb up local hills by me and was blowing out my ass in 5 mins now its 15 mins  :LolLolLolLol:

Linus27

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Still waiting for pads to arrive and will get a helmet next wk when funds allow, got some money owing me but they've gone on hols then it will be  :knuppel2: if they dont come to me

What pads did you get in the end?

bensherman

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Bicycle union knee pads m8 off a lad on here just waiting for the post to deliver  :daumenhoch:  Only 6 quid

Linus27

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Bicycle union knee pads m8 off a lad on here just waiting for the post to deliver  :daumenhoch:  Only 6 quid

WOW, good deal  :daumenhoch:

bensherman

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 04:42 PM »
I know yeah, going to try and find a helmet that I don't look like  :crazy2:  or   :uglystupid2:  but doubt I'll pull it off  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Help with pegs??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx