gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 08:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  need help buying my first "new school" s&m
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need help buying my first "new school" s&m  (Read 1229 times)

ds-1

need help buying my first "new school" s&m
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:21 PM »
now that i have everyone's attention. know there are a lot of s&m fans on this site  :4_17_5:

really want to get something new for once and really start riding more often.

here is my problem..

not sure what size tt to get.

currently my daily rider is a mcs speed freak with a 20.5 tt. here's the problem with that.occasionally my knee's will hit the handlebar's crossbar while i'm standing and pedaling.i'm not a big guy either.i'm 5'9" (179cm i think?)

the length of the stem is 53mm and i ride with my bars (s&m slam) a tiny bit forward .not back towards my knees like today's kids do.
distance from the center of the bb shell to center of the headtube is 20.5" and the ht is 74.5 and seat tube is 72. not too far off  from the s&m frames.

i've owned a 1995 s&m dirt bike in the past and it felt absolutely perfect (20.25" tt).that was just two years ago.
haven't grown any either.stopped growing about 15 years ago .lol

pratically everybody i see online is riding with a 20.5"tt and they all look much taller than me.

just afraid to spend all that $$ and have the tt be too short or get a longer one and have it be too long.

sorry for the rambling.. it's early and i'm still half asleep and been meaning to ask for help a few days ago.

any help/suggestions/advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated

thanks for listening  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:31 PM by ds-1 »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: need help buying my first "new school" s&m
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:47 PM »
you have answered ur own question  :LolLolLolLol: u said

've owned a 1995 s&m dirt bike in the past and it felt absolutely perfect (20.25" tt).that was just two years ago.
haven't grown any either.stopped growing about 15 years ago .lol

so why not try a new school s&m dirtbike

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:49 PM by kev s »

firebird4130

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 03:48 PM »
www.streetmafiabmx.com/ in the States will be able to source you everything you need direct from s&m it works out much cheaper than buying from here and you will not get a customs charge ordering from them. They also throw in a free T shirt or two. My stuff took a week to arrive.  The LTF and new dirtbike both come in 21" TT. Send them an Email they usualy reply within a couple of hours  :daumenhoch:

The frame from street mafia including postage will work out costing a good hundred quid less, plus get some your other bits(BB, Headset, seat, stem forks etc)  thrown into the same box it works out even better!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:56 PM by fraz4130 »

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Forgot to add you can pay using paypal so it's really simple too, not like some experiences I've had paying by credit card from abroad where you have to scan your card and show them documents with your name and address on and all that.

sonic-1

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:33 PM »
or yer could pm zippy he s an s&m dealer n offers good discounts to rad members
go for it realy fancy a laf in the gold but im realy no good at park or street so realy not worth it !!!!! and the wife would kill me for spendin that kinda money

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:22 PM »
ds-1,   I think you're off with your measurements fella.....

Toptube length is measured from centre of seattube to centre of headtube.  Don't be measuring from the bb, I think that might sell you a dummy bud  ;)

rarman1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:37 PM »
ds-1,   I think you're off with your measurements fella.....

Toptube length is measured from centre of seattube to centre of headtube.  Don't be measuring from the bb, I think that might sell you a dummy bud  ;)

yep.... what rob said,  measure seattube to headtube :daumenhoch:

and streetmafia are the nuts ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Anything around 20.5 TT should be fine for someone who's 5'9". I'm the same height as you and 20.25 - 20.75 I'm comfortable with anything bigger than that and I'm struggling.

As for what do you get, depends on your budget mate. If you've got the funds then got for a S&M LTF or some of the new Un Known Bike Co stuff looks really cool and good value for money. And you can all so buy UKBCo stuff through this site if that helps you.

It's your call really dude.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  need help buying my first "new school" s&m

gfxgfx
gfx gfx