gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 05:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South BMX Championships
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: South BMX Championships  (Read 9055 times)

BrewUK

South BMX Championships
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:13 PM »
It is my pleasure to announce the details of The South's summer season Finale ........

any queries regarding the event please ask and the team involved will do their best to answer your questions

Just to clarify the main event is not 'No Clips' as advertised on some websites ... only the payback open class

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: South BMX Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Is there plates and trophies for old school?

Wonder how many sandbaggers that'll attract if there is.  :LolLolLolLol:

BrewUK

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Zippy - Yes there will be an old school class with a plate and trophies ... as for sandbaggers - well thats for you lot to sort out, our resident old school expert wont be there sadly to keep an eye on you !!!

spillers#1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 08:40 PM »
I'm doing both just like at the britssssss you sandbagger zippster  ;D why don't you race 30-39 as well as old skool?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:41 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

This will be my last old school race so i'm aiming for a win but there's some fast additions to the old school ranks that will be hard to beat.  :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Well i think the british #1 and #2 are gonna be racing both classes as well and they were bang on it at the britssssssss  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55 PM »
our resident old school expert wont be there sadly to keep an eye on you !!!

Parsons not going to be there??   :D  Neither will Matt or I unfortunately as I'm taking him down to Exeter Uni to take up his residency there.  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Really looking forward to this one, but now getting worried, cos i havent ridden more than the first two straights with out getting out of puff. Why didn't i put more effort in on the couple of nights i've been there! Stamina didn't do too well at Daggers on Sunday either.

Think this one'll be a laugh. Put it down as experience. :crazy2:

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I'll just be doing cruiser as I've already told Scott Waterhouse he can borrow my old school bike for the Southern Champs.

Twatty

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Probably not racing this one, as broken collar bone at the moment, from at tussle with a 4X4 cycling into work on my road bike on Thursday. Pain as really wanted to race Herne Bay again. Will probably be along to catch up with everyone anyway though.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Fook me Matt you`ve certainly been through the wringer over the last couple of months, mind you it makes a change from Darren taking you out  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Darren Who ?

spillers#1

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 05:44 AM »
I'll just be doing cruiser as I've already told Scott Waterhouse he can borrow my old school bike for the Southern Champs.
What that old has been  :D i could take waterhouse on any day  :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 05:47 AM »
Darren Who ?
You know darren......he's that big lump of a bloke  :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 08:48 AM »
Probably not racing this one, as broken collar bone at the moment, from at tussle with a 4X4 cycling into work on my road bike on Thursday. Pain as really wanted to race Herne Bay again. Will probably be along to catch up with everyone anyway though.

Sorry to hear about the collarbone Matt.  Get well soon (lazer man could get you sorted by the end of the month, but it's a bit of a trek from where you are to Ipswich unless there's one local).

oldmankev

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Gutted for you again Matt at least it wasnt your chain coming off
again that has caused you another injury, ref the accident any
chance of a claim was it his/her fault???

Twatty

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Unfortunatly, although the driver "caused" the incidnet, its my "fault". I try and ride with the flow of the traffic when on the road and was tracking the 4X4 into a round about approx 4 meters behind. Looked right to check traffic, nothing coming AT ALL, dont apply brakes, turn to front, 4X4 brake lights on and stopping rappidly despite no cars. Managed to loose a lot of speed, and get to the left of it so just took the impact with right shoulder and hand. Bike is fine also..... :) I would have managed to stop if on my mountain bike, but road bike brakes come no where near Hope discs.

You never know may even end up riding at HB depending on what progress R Surrey Hospital tell me I am making nearer the time. May just leave it though, and get mended to train hard through the winter with Keith at his place, (gonna join us Kev)?.....  This season ended quite difficultly for me and was not fully fit for the brits, but always next year. Dont intend to let a few broken bones stop me......

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Matt, if the collarbone is broken rather than just fractured, don't risk riding at HB as it won't have healed properly.  When I did mine it was the most painful and annoying injury I'd had and it took about 6/7 weeks before my arm came out of the sling and it was still painful for another 3/4 weeks.

On the other hand, Terry Green broke his a few years ago, had the lazer treatment within a week and was racing again 2 weeks after breaking it.

Do you get a private medical plan through work?  If so, check your policy as they may cover the cost of the lazer treatment.

Twatty

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Yes it is a break, but surprised how little it hurts. Mind you after smashing my face up, breaking my jaw and knowcking out 8 teeth on Jaw bone in 2000, most things dont hurt that much.  :)

Had not thought of the medical insurance thing as yes I do get Medical, so ill take a look at the Policy and see what is says.
Cheers.

kdubbmx

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Yes it is a break, but surprised how little it hurts. Mind you after smashing my face up, breaking my jaw and knowcking out 8 teeth on Jaw bone in 2000, most things dont hurt that much.  :)

Had not thought of the medical insurance thing as yes I do get Medical, so ill take a look at the Policy and see what is says.
Cheers.

Now you mention that Matt, how'd you do it?  Always thought it rude to ask but seeing as you brought it up............

kdubbmx

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 07:21 PM »
A very good friend of mine has lent me a 'tricked out' Crupi cruiser to use until i get 'dialled in' next year so i wont be on the old banger any more with slipping cassette!!!!   Yayyyy!!!!     :smitten: ;D ;D

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 08:05 PM »
A very good friend of mine has lent me a 'tricked out' Crupi cruiser to use until i get 'dialled in' next year so i wont be on the old banger any more with slipping cassette!!!!   Yayyyy!!!!     :smitten: ;D ;D

Bollocks, that means you`ll be even harder to beat, but I`m going to try anyway  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kdubbmx

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Bring it on Billy 'big air'.      :knuppel2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 08:45 PM »
I've already told Scott Waterhouse he can borrow my old school bike for the Southern Champs.

:LolLolLolLol:

Almost got that one in unnoticed Mike!!  That would be sandbagging with a capital "S"!!  I'll let Russ borrow my Redline if it looks like being rather tame in OS and if it means Zippy gets beaten  >:D  There's going to be an interesting line-up in OS with Mr.Magoo and Rod Craig getting some gates in recently, but can they hack a whole lap at race speed??  Shame I shalln't be there to see it all go down but I know there'll be loads of pics to look at when I get home.  Anyone like to guess the number of entries for this one??  Expecting loads of out-of-Region riders so I'm pitching in at 305.  Any advance on that??  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50 PM »
right on Humps, aint gonna be right with out you there mate :'(, gonna be good, i know i've practised gates, but yes i know i'm gonna buy all the Relentless i've got in stock that week-end, cos, foolishly, i haven't tried a full lap, not even at a cruising pace, so completely relying on adrenaline to do the job :crazy2: (mental note, make sure i give myself monday 29th off work, maybe tuesday too!)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South BMX Championships

gfxgfx
gfx gfx