gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 07:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  @@ calling all Novices/wobblers...@@
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: @@ calling all Novices/wobblers...@@  (Read 1457 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
@@ calling all Novices/wobblers...@@
« on: January 19, 2009, 08:26 AM »
we have organised a Novice/wobblers/progression night at Creation skate park in Birmingham on Feb 28th.  these sessions are great for people who would normally be a little worried about going into a big park and a great chance to get pointers from the mentors who will be there to help you.

whether it's rolling into a mini ramp, mastering a bunny hop, carving the vert ramp or airing out the top?  it's the night to come along and have a go....mett up with other Radders and generally have a great chilled out time on ya bike  :daumenhoch:

so if you want to come along please have a look over in the events page and get your names down  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: @@ calling all Novices/wobblers...@@
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:11 AM »
damn , i am on holiday then  :'(  are there going to be any more of such gatherings as i have a house full of bikes and would like to learn to at least ride a ramp a little bit ? this sounds right up my street aswell as i am well good at wobblin  :D

JT71

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16 AM »
well if we get 35 for this one, yes there will be others, buit it's a struggle to get the numbers.

markatkins

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Its beyond me how we cant easily get 35 riders!!Come on guys,put the effort in,make this night work!No moaning its too far etc,im looking forward to helping anyone that wants a bit of tuition.if your having troubles on any tricks come to this night and ill have you pulling the trick in no time.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Its beyond me how we cant easily get 35 riders!!Come on guys,put the effort in,make this night work!No moaning its too far etc,im looking forward to helping anyone that wants a bit of tuition.if your having troubles on any tricks come to this night and ill have you pulling the trick in no time.

there you go peeps......what more inspiration do you need?   :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:35 PM »
come on folks, this event is close to not happening at all now.

we must be able to get 35 riders of varying "novice" ability to make this happen?

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 02:37 PM »

silly question maybe , but why 35 riders ?

JT71

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:41 PM »
no that's a good question

£520 / 35 = £14.857142

and yes i am creaming 14p per rider off for myself when i charge £15 each.

however if we get 35 riders it will be £14.86 each as paypal gift.

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 02:48 PM »

would it be to much to ask of people to pay £ 20 instead of £ 15 ? that way you only need 26 riders and gives them more tuition time with the " pro's "
just a thought. :)

Bushwacked

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Like Mr Atkins I can't believe out of 5617 members we can only get 35 people lined up.  :shocked:

Come on guys - as someone who only started riding 9 months ago and is in his mid30s I can honestly say these nights are well worth attending to progress and / or to get the confidence to start ripping up your local park / curb!

Don't be shy - get involved!

You'll love it!    :smitten:  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:52 PM »

would it be to much to ask of people to pay £ 20 instead of £ 15 ? that way you only need 26 riders and gives them more tuition time with the " pro's "
just a thought. :)

currently in the main thread on this it stand sat 28 possible riders, and if i can confirm 28 and everyone wants to pay £18.60 then we're in.

:daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Creation is big enough to fit 40+ riders and still feel empty (well it did the last time i went) i'm sure we could get 20 riders who would willingly pay over £20 for it but it amazes me that we can never get 35 fooking novices/riders to go to these do's??

if you have less riders then the atmosphere just isn't there (IMO) i can understand people living in Lands end or Manchester not fancying the drive down, plus with the current climate being what it is...people not wanting to spend £20+ on petrol then another £20 to ride creation.........but the whole idea of these nights are to allow/get people riding there nice new, or old school bikes if they want to??  in parks and get them riding.

some people just see parks as a major intimidation (believe me i still do sometimes) and it's very easy for people who can ride bikes to say that this attitude is stupid.....but i felt like this on Tuesday evening at Corby! yes we shouldn't but sometimes you just can't help it.

so these are great sessions where you can come along and roll around, or learn a new trick or two, roll in a mini ramp for the first time or leave at the end of the night having progressed through all of them.

I'm one of the crappiest riders on this web site and i still go along......never get any better but it's a crack and i'll be riding my bike.....so it's all good  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 03:00 PM »
like i said in my first post , i am well up for a bit of learning but am away . i think i would feel less of a knob riding about on my kids bikes if i could at least manage a few stunts . i have been to a few parks but being an absolute novice have never ridden . i guess if i was with a group of other middle aged folk of a like mind i would be much keener to have a wobble about . plus it cant do any harm to have some instruction from someone who can ride . i am not shooting for the sky , just want to be able to ride a ramp and possibly get above the coping or just carve a bit .

bigfrawg , novice aged 35  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 03:01 PM »
like i said in my first post , i am well up for a bit of learning but am away . i think i would feel less of a knob riding about on my kids bikes if i could at least manage a few stunts . i have been to a few parks but being an absolute novice have never ridden . i guess if i was with a group of other middle aged folk of a like mind i would be much keener to have a wobble about . plus it cant do any harm to have some instruction from someone who can ride . i am not shooting for the sky , just want to be able to ride a ramp and possibly get above the coping or just carve a bit .

bigfrawg , novice aged 35  :)

bang on mate.....shame you can't make it

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 03:03 PM »
pickle , i am from near south manchester and creation is not really that far away for me . maybe a good hour or so

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 03:04 PM »
cool......it takes me around 2 hours to get there from Hatfield.....but it gets me out of the house and away from Casualty on the box  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 03:16 PM »

away from casualty on the telly and into A & E , casualty for real  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

sean

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Where's the name list?  Put me down, I need to teach Mr Atkins a thing or 2... ;)

Bushwacked

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 09:29 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  @@ calling all Novices/wobblers...@@

gfxgfx
gfx gfx