gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 12:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  os summer 2008 south series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: os summer 2008 south series  (Read 2143 times)

eloopnai

os summer 2008 south series
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:51 PM »
i gotta say i really enjoyed the south old skool series and would like to thank tony tony and sam for putting it all together  :4_17_5:

but i gotta say its all gone a bit wobbley down the pottery club now
 its now become a recognised class so some of us me included have decided to race in our own region east anglia so the numbers are smaller i know up north this doesnt seem to be a problem im sure moley will clarify this for me
i know its winter and its gonna be a poor turn out and also people are moving to cruiser so will we have enough for a gate when summer comes ?
im all for supporting our region but if its just the same 3 riders each round it will get a bit boring im not particuly very fast so im never gonna win a race but to me its just about having fun and riding with some good old fellas ive met in the summer so heres my dilema-

do i do the south series again as there seems to be a load of fellas intending on doing it so should be a good crack  or do i hope we get the numbers in east anglia and do my region although it looks like 3 is about all were gonna get  :(

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: os summer 2008 south series
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Ian, i will deffo do a few races......i'm not sure about a particular region though? i'm guessing the southern region would  be easier for me as i don't fancy driving to Peterborough or further a field.  but will do braintree and daggers for sure  :daumenhoch:

at least then you'll have some company at the back  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:49 PM »
If you look at the 8 rounds in the North Region Summer Series then you'll notice that some Classes only have around 4 riders (and thats over 8 rounds, so some rounds only 1 or 2 riders might show up)

http://www.northregionbmx.co.uk/ss%202008.htm

Winter is always going to be worse than summer!!

The North Region can't even be arsed to update the results for the Winter Series!!  :(

At Bradford we had 12 races per moto.  Normally its over 20.  And a lot of classes were merged to get full gates!

So dont worry about it.

If you have your kids racing then your already there, so you might as well race, even if your the only rider.  You will just be merged into class that has space for you.

Dont be too shy or embarrassed to race.   

I always wear the brightest OS BMX Gear and I know I look a complete numpty but so what, I'm having fun!!  :LolLolLolLol:

And dont forget!!!  Just because you race in the East Anglia Region, it doesn't mean you can't venture into other regions.

I plan on doing some races oop Scotland and the Scots will probably come down for the Round 8 at Hartlepool in the North Region.

Dont forget, if you only have 3 riders in your region then bragging in your local that your the number 3 BMX racer in your region will turn you into a minor celebrity.   The chicks will be flocking around you!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

So keep at it!  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:14 PM »
just come back to the south Ian... we are all still here, yes some have left but we have at least 4 (Magoo, Big Kev 40, Faze7 ade and Faze 7 Dave) newbies since the start of last year.

Your stance to support the East is very justified and rightous, but you will only ever be racing the Wonfors.... (mind you - there is the chance of you winning when they take each other out...)

the problem is there arent enough riders to support two regions that are very close together.  Race your club meets at Braintree to support your club but race in the south region to get a decent race.

just my half p's worth

moley

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Because OS is recognised by each region even if some regions might not be able to muster any riders then I dont think it matters!!

OS is at the Brits whether individual regions have OS classes or not!

I dont think it will come to that though.

I think every region should be able to scrape a few riders together in the Summer.

I think everyone is worrying about winter but numbers would always drop at this time of year.

Ian, wait until Summer and see what happens in your region!!

In the meantime, just race the South Series with da Crooch and have some craic!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 05:35 PM »
will do braintree and daggers

Rob, Braintree is in East Anglia Region and Dagenham is in the South Region so you'll be cutting across the threshold.  East Anglia Region consists of:
Norwich
Peterborough
Milton Keynes
Royston
Braintree
Ipswich
plus A N Other near Braintree

South Region consists of:
Herne Bay
Dagenham
Hayes, Middx
Andover
Peckham
Brixton
Gosport
Bexhill
Dunstable

Not seen the fixture lists for each of the Regions but expect them very soon including an inter-regional at Hayes and Milton Keynes.  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Isn`t Bournemouth in the South too Alan  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

nishiki14

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 07:54 PM »
I think i'll keep my eye on this thread :coolsmiley:
After all, you cant muster up riders out of thin air can you? I am very worried about the lack of interest in EA and I wouldn't want to lose you to the South Ian but........................at the same time I know why you got into this, same reason I did and it wasn't to go to races and race the same 2 riders EVERY race, where's the fun in that hey? :10_2_12:

thecrooch

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Come on Sam - you know that you and your bro are only going to get other people to knock off at the south meetings....

nishiki14

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Sorry mate, probably me being a bit thick (as always) but I dont quite follow you? :uglystupid2:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 08:23 PM »
COME BACK TO THE SOUTH YA NUMPTY

Tony 1-4

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I tell ya what Sam/ Ian. Even though I wanna stay faithful to EA, unless the numbers come up a bit, I might defect to the South. I know you said you couldnt afford doing the south little bruv but if you me and Ian all went together, we could all chip in a third each. Would love to have a full gate. Getting tired of having to fall off to let you win Sam. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Would be a lot more fun with a few more of us on the gate and I have only managed to have Crooch off once this year!  ;D ;D ;D

Not really Crooch, as I said, I've seen the video evidence and it wasn't me. Sam says if Crooch is a bit behind he has a tendency to just "fall off"  ;D ;D :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: ;D ;D

thecrooch

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 08:30 PM »
mate im always behind after the gate, i always make my places up when you fat fookers run out of steam.... :LolLolLolLol:

.... and that was last year - you havent had the pleasure this year....

and car pooling is the way forward, its how me and hooga got to do them all last year...

nishiki14

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Oooooooooooooh thats fightin talk where I come from :knuppel2: :knuppel2:
OK everyone ive just had a very lengthy chat with 796 and he's come up with an idea.............Deb is just puttin it into words everyone can understand then she will post it :LolLolLolLol:

Its just an idea to see what everyone thinks..............I like it, you might too? :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Tony and Sam, flogging/dead horse, come on guys pool the car and join the fun, but please be gentle on me, i can't afford to hit the deck.....not till after surgery anyway!!

Tony 1-4

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Be gentle on me? How the fukk have I managed to get this name for myself already!! What have you been saying about me Crooch. It must be you, you're the only one who's had the pleasure.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

PS Did anyone mention Sam threatened a 13 year old who cut him up on sunday that he would tear his head off. Now now Sam, you wouldn't do that to the big boys would you? Pick on someone your own size you bully!  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Who me??? :angel: :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Be gentle on me? How the fukk have I managed to get this name for myself already!! What have you been saying about me Crooch. It must be you, you're the only one who's had the pleasure.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

PS Did anyone mention Sam threatened a 13 year old who cut him up on sunday that he would tear his head off. Now now Sam, you wouldn't do that to the big boys would you? Pick on someone your own size you bully!  :LolLolLolLol:

Hey he was pretty big for 13 u know :LolLolLolLol:

In my defence I did give his old man some verbal.....................git!! :tickedoff:

eloopnai

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 10:38 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: glad to see some humour on ere chaps and looks like ive raised a good issue

still none the wiser what to do i think its stodgys thought for getting rid of the shout box as nishiki14 could have reached the masses and rallied the troops for the ea region what you think sam  :LolLolLolLol:

KGB Matt

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 06:21 AM »

Hey he was pretty big for 13 u know :LolLolLolLol:

In my defence I did give his old man some verbal.....................git!! :tickedoff:

Then they packed up their bikes and went home.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LMFAO 

Matt

big kev 40

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 07:21 AM »
jesus guys just make one big region   more tracks more guys  more races  must be enough to go round   i dont mind sharing motors to travel   

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  os summer 2008 south series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx