gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 11:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  british talent team at hayes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: british talent team at hayes  (Read 2546 times)

wolfybmx

british talent team at hayes
« on: February 01, 2009, 04:07 PM »
so it was for talented riders between 12-18 ?????????? so who was invited as i was totally unaware that this was going on.. or is it a case of if the face dosn't fit you need not know  :knuppel2:

bof

Re: british talent team at hayes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:11 PM »
so it was for talented riders between 12-18 ?????????? so who was invited as i was totally unaware that this was going on.. or is it a case of if the face dosn't fit you need not know  :knuppel2:

Thats usually the case phil. :D

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19 PM »
yeh just wondering why a south region rider with a national #4 ranking,  #2 finish at the british championship, regional #1 and south champ #1 placings was not invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Phil, don't ask where I got this from but here's the message sent early evening on 28th January by JH:

"  Dear Coaches

As you all know by now, I'm heading down to the sunny South this weekend to attend the coaching session at Peckham on Saturday, before leading on a coaching session at Hayes on Sunday 1st February which you are all invited.

The aim on this visit is to get some of the regions coaches together, to give the coaches some ideas to take back to their clubs and for me to take a look as some of the riders in the South region. I have asked the coaches to bring a few riders who they believe are potential Talent Team material ! (age 13 +).   

The Sunday session is really intended to get the ball rolling within the region, for the Regional Talent Team session to begin which CK will be delivering shortly.

I'll discuss with you more about the regional plan at the weekend and follow this up with an email once were ready to crack on ! "

So, seems to suggest that if your club hasn't got a "coach" then riders were not invited.  I personally knew nothing of this session until told about it last night at 9:30ish.  Humps

Twatty

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I think Humps is right Phil.
Andover coach sent mail out detailing the youngsters who werre going. If the rider you are talkng about has not been involved, then its a shame as I think he a real talent, who I love to watch race.
Matt.

BrewUK

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Just a note to try and clear this up ..

No-one was 'invited' to this event ... it was a session arranged for Jeremy and CK to introduce the club coaches to their plans for this season and the intentions to form a regional talent team. Unfortunatly CK had to cancel but it was decided to carry on, the event needed some kids to work with and the club coaches were asked to bring some suitable riders with them .... no one was selected for anything ... no one was invited onto any team ... it was just a chance for Jeremy(BC) to guide the coaches in the right direction and inform them of the plans.

East Kent dont have a coach and if they did then Dan would be at the top of the rider list - its something that the club are going to have sort out quickly. There were also no riders from Dagenham, Bexhill and Bournemouth - which in the first 2 clubs cases the situation is the same as East Kent and in Bournemouths case their main club coach was in France kicking some euro butts!!

No rider will have missed any opportunity by not being at Hayes on Sunday

Hope that helps ??

wolfybmx

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:30 AM »
ok  :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:50 AM »
So how does East Kent go about getting a coach then. As I think we need one to make sure we push the talented riders forward.

darren

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20 AM »
you need someone to volunteer and they then go on bcf coaching courses too gain the needed skills etc, they then run the club coaching.  step up too it zippy.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Herne Bay have already got someone doing it I've found out. But it is something I'd have liked to do.  :daumenhoch:

I'd like to give something back to the youngsters, I sponsered some rounds at Hersden last year but that's not an option this year. So I'll probably get involved with the club as and where I can.

AL

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:48 PM »

BC want as many clubs as possible to get there coaches qualified at minimum of level 2 .. 

As far as i know there only  two level  2 coaches in the South ?     Guys like  James christie , Chris  Mingo, Paul Bennet, etc are all studying in spare time to get level 2 standard.   But its  very time consuming ....

I often dont agree with BC   ;D..                But I am fully behind them on the coaching thing ..   

These days it takes more to be a Coach  Just being a good rider , and nice bloke !          CRB Checks / Diet / Nutrition / fitness , etc etc   all come in to play..

From what i gather, the Idea is that if a  Coach is up to BC standard..                   He/she, will be able to train riders any where in the country   ( at a cost )   but will be covered by BC Insurance etc ..

I come from a  Moto-x   Enduro background..  and you have all the  Coaches listed in the  ACU rule book , and online ..      If you want some coaching you make contact with  " John Smith "  and get a days one to one , or group coaching ..       

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 06:52 AM »

This was posted on the Hawks website Friday afternoon, make your own mind up....

Friday, January 30, 2009

British Cycling are running a South Region Talent Team Clinic at Hayes this coming Sunday for selected riders from most of the clubs in the region. This is the pilot to identify talent in the age groups 12-18 that will make up the region Talent Team.

It is also a chance to get all the coaches working together more.

The plan is for this clinic to rotate around the regions clubs and will hopefully come back to Hayes in around 4 weeks time. So there will other chances for people to try out.

The good thing for those riders selected is that they will get top flight coaching and support from British Cycling.

So best of luck to all the Hawks riders taking part..

posted by Uncle Buck @ 2:16 PM
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:46 PM by TonyDaButcher »

Moschops

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 11:01 PM »
If there are riders in your club who you feel are worthy of the talent team looking at them, you can approach any of tha tallent team staff and mention names, you don't need to be a coach.

MK has 2 riders in the talent team but no coach at present. It's not a secret left nipple all boy's club, the people running it are very approachable and will take on views from anyone. The veiw of course carries more weight if a coach is giving it.

Coaching now has a BMX specific level 2 section, so the current steps to becoming a coach are: independant first aid course, basic level 1 BCF, level 2 BCF, Level 2 BMX specific BCF & level 3 BMX specific BCF thats a shead load of money! and a big commitment.

AL

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Coaching now has a BMX specific level 2 section, so the current steps to becoming a coach are: independant first aid course, basic level 1 BCF, level 2 BCF, Level 2 BMX specific BCF & level 3 BMX specific BCF thats a shead load of money! and a big commitment

Your right Moschops..   A load of commitment, but then its  got to be done right..   Same as France , USA etc ..

When we first started BMX , we had some coaching by someone who will remain nameless and even i could see that he  was talking complete Bollocks  :idiot2:

Parents of young kids in particular need to know its a proper person doing the coaching ..  If that coach says then  has to make a  charge  £XX  per hour to cover costs, then the club or the Rider will have to pay ..   
Cant expect nothing for nothing in this life  ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  british talent team at hayes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx