gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 10:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 25915 times)

dialledbikes

Re: A cracking night
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Drop in exchange rate (and losing race team sponsor) has really fooked up my plans for this year.

Business ain't gonna go under, but not gonna be able to produce as many frames as I intended.

Got plenty of stock, but it ain't shifting that quick right now.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2009, 06:35 PM »
[is dibly now to blame for the recession?

i've never had a bike company but do bike companies consider how their sales affect other bike companies and limit sales so that other companies don't suffer?

i really don't understand the relevence of the quoted above, at all

if i have totally misunderstood, then i do apologize :-\

I wasn't blaming dibly for the recession I was simply making the point that survival of uk bmx companys was difficult prior to the value of sterling falling so survival now must be even more difficult that the uk is in recession and with the addition of ukbikeco who appear to have cleaned up the uk frame market I was simply interested how the other uk bmx companys are fairing. Any company wants as much of their chosen market as they can get thats business and I have no doubt any uk bmx company would love to have sold as many frames as dibly has,I certainly wasn't suggesting that he has done anything immoral.
I was interested thats all,  if it has offended anyone than I apologize as it was not intended.

i read it through a couple of times dude, n thats just how it laid with me, as the majority of negativity of this thread seems vindictive, and i did think it was a bit of a strange accusation :)

fair comment dude, i apologize for jumpin on it  :daumenhoch:

now, show us ya motor dibly :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47 PM »
yeah dibly show us ya classic motor
and any news on the 16 inch uk bikes  :daumenhoch:

dibly

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2009, 06:59 PM »
its a bit dusty at the mo after being laid up for years so will get some up tomoz, the alloys still need a little work but going to wait till the weather is better till i get them done

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2009, 07:45 PM »
its a bit dusty at the mo after being laid up for years so will get some up tomoz, the alloys still need a little work but going to wait till the weather is better till i get them done

Its a Morris Ital isnt it  ???  alegro, Vanden plas maybe........Hilman gimp?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2009, 07:53 PM »
my alegro got stolen bitd lol

dibly

« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Ha you been sneaking round my garage again si? you left your gimp mask

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2009, 07:25 AM »
a brief  description about my heat treatment is samurai swords, beaten and folded metal over and over again, so it is not a brand new heat treatment its has been around for hundreds of years just never used on anything else but after heated is put into a airless vaccume to allow to cool with out air

RAMIREZ!  Mwahahaha

teamsano

« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2009, 03:31 PM »
iv just finished my classic car rolled it out of the garage after a year of slog on it today going to book mot for it tomoz, i post some pics up soon

started first time too  :)

get some pics up, i love cars.

username

« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2009, 04:04 AM »

think the main problem here is they don't have a magical heat treating process, they just have thinner tubes.

well my frames are made in the same factory with the same diameter tube sets as yours along with many other brands

So are you saying that your frames are made with "the same tube sets" or "the same OD tubes sets" as Colony, Superstar, WTP and Premium?

for the record i think this thread has been very harsh on him to point of personal attack.  in my oppionion you pays your money and takes your choice.....either buy one cos you like em....or don't cos you think they're rubbish and will break?

for the few that have broken........the people have had new ones sent straight out......no questions asked, you can't get better than that can you?  yes it's a shame that frames break.....but no one other than the owners know how they've treated that frame do they? 

Or you are conned into buying one thinking it won't break and as for the "few" there seems to be a very large discrepancy between the returns and the witnessed snaps.

So the lack of photos is suspicious considering the incredibly huge percentage of frames shattering into millions of pieces!!  ???

Not really, not everybody is the sort of person to have 4000+ posts on an internet forum, or even post at all. This doesn't mean they didn't have a phone with a camera, more likely they were pissed off about their frame cracking or bending.

I hope I'm not getting dragged into this...

It's all your fault for being so stupid, making your frames so heavy - what were you thinking?

Is UK Bike Co independent or a sub-brand of some bigger company (i.e. like Charge being owned by Hotwheels)?

?????

i still have the same amount of returns as when i first posted in this thread so all these so called frames thats have snapped havent been notified to me?!?! very strange if you ask me if i have laid cash out for something that broke i would be straight on the phone asking for a new one

I know of 3 that have cracked from before you posted that. Two from around the Southampton area and one from Guernsey. If they didn't reach you then they must have got lost in the mail but they were all definitely returned.

I am not a fan.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:10 AM by username »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2009, 07:07 AM »
I know of 3 that have cracked from before you posted that. Two from around the Southampton area and one from Guernsey. If they didn't reach you then they must have got lost in the mail but they were all definitely returned.

I am not a fan.

OK then

Must have got lost in the post?, so 3 people independantly posted frames at a value £300 each, all 3 got lost, Hmmmmmm, Did they not take a picture, send it to UK to get a return authorised, Cos that is standard procedure,If not surely they would have gone back to the retailer wouldnt they, who would have taken a photo,  if so then they would have a picture wouldn't they.

So in summary, Bollox
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

moley

« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2009, 05:44 PM »
So the lack of photos is suspicious considering the incredibly huge percentage of frames shattering into millions of pieces!!  ???

Not really, not everybody is the sort of person to have 4000+ posts on an internet forum, or even post at all. This doesn't mean they didn't have a phone with a camera, more likely they were pissed off about their frame cracking or bending.

I am not a fan.

So three more Frames have broke and with all the interest in slagging off these frames on many forums, no pictures were taken.

The Yoof of today are never more than a few yards from a mobile phone with camera capabilities.

If my mate broke his frame, I'd definitely start posting piccys all over my contacts list.

How come I can go down the pub and get slaughtered and the next day they'll be dozens of piccys of me fooked out of my skull and making a complete ass of myself but the modern day yoof's into BMX dont seem to be bothered to take a piccy.   Are they saving their Mobile phone storage for an impromptu happy slapping?

Also these 3 frames were returned and the owners didn't take any pictures and at least posted them recorded delivery.

How strange!!  ???

username

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2009, 05:51 PM »

OK then

Must have got lost in the post?, so 3 people independantly posted frames at a value £300 each, all 3 got lost, Hmmmmmm, Did they not take a picture, send it to UK to get a return authorised, Cos that is standard procedure,If not surely they would have gone back to the retailer wouldnt they, who would have taken a photo,  if so then they would have a picture wouldn't they.

So in summary, Bollox

Well there certainly is a lot of bollox in this thread but what you quoted from me is 100% true.

I apologise for my sarcasm whooshing at such high speed over your head but how else can you explain Dibly not reciving any returns and these 3 frames being broken and returned, the magic heat-treatment pixies?

I posted what I know to be be true and you just say "bollox" based on what? Please tell me, that was not a rhetorical question.

There were photos, BUT I certainly never said there were not. Thats how I know what I am tying to be true.

username

« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2009, 05:54 PM »

I am not a fan.

So three more Frames have broke and with all the interest in slagging off these frames on many forums, no pictures were taken.

The Yoof of today are never more than a few yards from a mobile phone with camera capabilities.

If my mate broke his frame, I'd definitely start posting piccys all over my contacts list.

How come I can go down the pub and get slaughtered and the next day they'll be dozens of piccys of me fooked out of my skull and making a complete ass of myself but the modern day yoof's into BMX dont seem to be bothered to take a piccy.   Are they saving their Mobile phone storage for an impromptu happy slapping?

Also these 3 frames were returned and the owners didn't take any pictures and at least posted them recorded delivery.

How strange!!  ???

What has what you just posted got to do with anything. I NEVER said anything about there not being photos.

moley

« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04 PM »
So please post the pictures then!!

Andy

« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2009, 06:08 PM »
there are photos on the net of these frames being cracked, maybe most of the riders do not use this forum as its mainly an oldschool forum, there have been pics on bikeguide, I think there was one on enjoy and bmx forum too, dont hold me to this as I dont really care if these frames break or not they are not my cup of tea, I think what people find intruiging (sp) or frustrating is that alot of questions on this thread still remain unanswered

username

« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2009, 06:20 PM »
So please post the pictures then!!

Why? I have pictures of one of them and the rider who broke two in 3 months has his own reasons to not want pics posted on the net.

I know what I believe to be true and I know what I believe to be false, I don't need to prove anything to you, I am not the one who needs to prove anything here.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2009, 06:38 PM »
17 pages is about all i can cope with guys ,im back n forth ,back n forth with this and its going nowhere
your right ,He's right ,shes right  can we all agree to disagree for now.
and im going to bin this waste of bandwidth soon.

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2009, 06:54 PM »
good^this has gone on far too long

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx