gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 01:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  whats cool in 09? gt haro wethepeople eastern?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: whats cool in 09? gt haro wethepeople eastern?  (Read 3860 times)

2fat2tabletop

whats cool in 09? gt haro wethepeople eastern?
« on: February 20, 2009, 08:59 PM »
My nephew (who's 16 in april) wants a new bmx for his birthday. I gave him my mint 1998 gt performer in green a while back now and he trashed it (gutted)

so; whats still up there with the big boys?  i was looking at an 09 gt performer in flat brown and cream (bad ass colours for the retro lovers like me)

whats 'cool' Eastern any good? wethepeople?  gt?  haro? gave up riding coz i'm too old and fat now. Still got my rickman freesyler though! 
What say you people in the know?  Help!  got up 350.00 to spend.

respect to you all.

2fat

dibly

Re: whats cool in 09? gt haro wethepeople eastern?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:03 PM »
check radbmx  shop out dude stodgy will have something for your budget mate, he has some really nice completes from the better brands

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Get a Unknown, you may only be able to afford a F&F for that money, but there are the Bollox :coolsmiley:

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:28 PM »
i'd avoid buying a bike thats 'cool'. read some reviews in the mags on which completes are good value.

JT71

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:47 PM »
reviews are the way forward, mags should give a resonably honest opinion I think, aks on here and eveyone will tell you to get the same bike as them.  :daumenhoch:

get a colony, they rule.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

but seriously, all the decent makes are much of a muchness in my opinion, see if you can get a cassette hub/sprocket setup with 28/10 or 25/9 a pivotal seat and one or no brakes and you'll be pretty near what's cool. no stickers, but not all black now, there's colours all over the place.

a decent specced complete will do nicely but still have scope for some upgrades as and when he can afford em.
buying a frame then building it up is the best way but pricey.

stodgy had some great Subrosa completes in the radbmx shop.

Ged

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:00 PM »
subrosa ...loving mine

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Fit Bike Co completes seem popular.  As others have said, have a chat to Stodgy.  Failing that, get in touch with Stevie B, he builds and sells one off specials, he may well be able to sort you out too   :)

JT71

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:25 PM »
subrosa ...loving mine

your's looks tidy as fokk Ged, and you invented that new trick didn't you? in the bowl? well your bike was, you were on the deck doing a superman.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

cool as fokk.

dodger

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:55 PM »
for that price range i would go for a kink,subrosa or fit compleats and some of the haro forums are quite nice easterb had a bad rep for snaping last year high end stolens are nice

u could prob do a custom for that price tbh and just settle for  few second hand bits.

JT71

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 06:55 AM »
here's some ideas, however this shop has a quite poor rep, but just so you can see what's out there then ask stodgy what he has/can get same spec same price, I'm 100% sure he'll get you a better deal and better service.  :daumenhoch:

Generally 2008 bikes were better value for money than 2009, so if you shop around you might get a £500 2008 bike for the £350, but here's some nice 2009 bikes.

Fit Park (they do a trails and street too)
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/16966/Fit_Park_1_Bike_2009

Kink Transition a £400 bike for £320, can't be bad
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/18499/Kink_Transition_Bike_2009

Verde Theory
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/18654/Verde_Theory_Bike_2009

We tHe People Crysis
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/17585/WeThePeople_Crysis_Bike_2009

United Deluxe (my fave, very cool)
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/19001/United_Deluxe_DL2_Bike_2009

Subrosa Malum street
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/18978/Subrosa_Malum_Street_Bike_2009

markatkins

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 07:44 AM »
My we the people beyond cost £350.Really good complete bikes.Guess the 09 may come in at a bit more but they are nice bikes.

Voodoocars

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00 AM »
I got hold of a wtp trust (08) last oct brand new for £300. I would look around and do some serious bartering for a 2008 model bike. What about a higher end Mongoose? They have some good parts on but people look down on them the same as GT. If you choose right they are good bikes and will cost less than one with a trendy name.

Ged

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 11:09 AM »
subrosa ...loving mine

your's looks tidy as fokk Ged, and you invented that new trick didn't you? in the bowl? well your bike was, you were on the deck doing a superman.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

cool as fokk.
''knee plant hang five'' i think you will find invented it myself got them dialled

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 04:11 PM »
try to get a cheap descent 2nd hand one off the bay
sen this just needs a clean and new seat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Eastern-Metalhead-Pro-Custom-BMX_W0QQitemZ130289111164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item130289111164&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

JT71

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Josh: if DJ flows you his UK when he's done with it (which is amazingly generous) i'll be up for buying your sect.

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Josh: if DJ flows you his UK when he's done with it (which is amazingly generous) i'll be up for buying your sect.

ok
rarman1 has first choice though as he sold it to me amazingly cheap :D

JT71

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 05:15 PM »
seems fair. but he has a wicked sunday..he won't want the colony back surely?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:33 PM »
probably not but he said not to get any stupid ideas and get a new frame/bike so well see... ;D
ill pm you wen dj gets rid of his unkown about prices and so on if im aloud ::)

2fat2tabletop

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 07:42 PM »
GUYS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!  i think you all managed to cover all the bases. If i can get the nephew to zero down on a particular model i'll surely get it from the radbmxshop.  thanks again and catch you all again soon.

Thanks for listening.

2fat

Bushwacked

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Why didn't I have an uncle like you when I was growing up!!!  :daumenhoch:

DJ

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Go to toys r us dude, they do some great completes, totally different from what you'd find on here & in some real eye catching colours. I even saw a fully anodised gold one ride by me yesterday! All for peanuts too!  ;)

josh: its yours as soon as Im done with it... I've been out 5 times in the last week, thats a new record for me!

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Go to toys r us dude, they do some great completes, totally different from what you'd find on here & in some real eye catching colours. I even saw a fully anodised gold one ride by me yesterday! All for peanuts too!  ;)

josh: its yours as soon as Im done with it... I've been out 5 times in the last week, thats a new record for me!

5 times
wow, wish i could say that
more than ive been on my colony since i got it
keep getting f***ing punctures :rant:

4130HUBBS

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 11:45 PM »
 :smitten:....Subrosa.  its the way 4ward.....

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Thanks for all the props guys, much appreciated!

So many good bikes out there; Subrosa, Fit & United are awesome - we have most of the Subrosa range in stock, and the Fit and United completes are coming in today (the last drop of the year, so be quick!).

Also don't forget to look at completes from Hoffman if you fancy an 'old school' brand - we have the Scarab IL and AL in stock...great spec and awesome colours! We even have the green one in stock which I understand is sold out everywhere else.

We have the Verde's coming in very soon - definately worth a look at.

Check out our range at:
http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/category_2/Complete-Bikes.html'shop_param=cid%3D2%26

Feel free to give me a shout on 020 8144 8177 - happy to give the best advice on the phone to meet your needs even if we don't stock it.

Cheers man!

Dave

JT71

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 10:19 AM »
nice one Dave...if it were me I'd be looking at the Fit or United, they tick all the boxes in that price range.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  whats cool in 09? gt haro wethepeople eastern?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx