gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 05, 2024, 06:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  MicroMini - advice needed please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MicroMini - advice needed please  (Read 1941 times)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
MicroMini - advice needed please
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I'm thinking of getting my daughter a MicroMini for her 5th birthday in a few months time.
She's 106cm tall and way to small to ride my son's Mini.

Any other dads out there with little gals that could advise on whether she'll be able to ride a Micro yet?

thanks!
 :)

Moschops

Re: MicroMini - advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Probably not a 20" micro, I would say the only option is an 18" micro Redline used to have the only one but I do belive Haro now make one as well.

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:23 PM »
HI

YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS......... INTENSE DO A MICRO MINI WITH A 20 X 1/18 WHEEL

http://www.tibbscyclestore.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=132_150&products_id=2831

AND

REDLINE A MICRO MINI WITH AN 18'' WHEEL

http://www.tibbscyclestore.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=132_131&products_id=2949

NEED MORE HELP DROP ME A LINE OR CALL ME AT THE SHOP

THE HARO MICRO IS NOT AVAILABLE YET IN THE UK

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:59 PM »

I got my daughter a redline micro mini for her 5th birthday, she had no problems riding and racing it  :daumenhoch:

Her first race a couple of months after her 5th. 

Andy.

AL

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05 PM »

My Youngest, is four ..  And he has been riding a  Redline Micro with 18" Wheels for some time..

Could not find a new one anywhere..                And  Shinners  Redline Importers sounded almost to scarde to bring any in when i called them..(   three seperate times )  , thinking dealers would not want to stock them / get stuffed up with them  :wtf: :wtf: :idiot2:

No probs I thought, just buy a new one on my card form USA ..    No out of USA  Sales  >:(

Anyhow , ended up with a nice used one ...    They do feel a bit strange though !    A bit long , so ive put a zero reach stem on ..

Def the way to go , and  Pit Bike  12 "  or 16"  dose not roll as nice and will struggle pedaling up jumps etc ..

KGB Matt

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:10 AM »
I had a similar problem with my son ..... I didnt want to get him a Micro mini purely because they only last a year then a mini is needed.

I hunted round , asked round , bought an MCS Stinger which is a short and squat mini so fine for him as a lil fella then as he got bigger put on higher bars etc.

It might be worthwhile looking round for a very small mini... I have seen some small GT mini's around , the MCS Stinger as mentioned, there must be others too.

The little bugger went and had a growth spurt  >:( and now at 6 1/2 he has moved onto a Junior.

Matt

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Matt is right about them growing out of the micro minis quick.

I remember buying my lad his Redline micro-mini from Groove in February 07 and by the Brits 07 he need a Mini so I bought him a DK Dart mini.  The Redline has been hanging in the garage for 2 years waiting for my daughter to learn to ride it.

The Redline it can also be a bit of a pain to get the 18" tyres to fit a micro mini, so if you do buy one and can get some spare tyres at the same time, I'd recommend it, as the tyres puncture/slash quite easily being slicks, not knobbies.

wolfybmx

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:06 AM »
tyres and tubes are no problem to get. we have a constant supply with no issues

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  MicroMini - advice needed please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx