gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975577 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee May 29, 2024, 06:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Andover Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Andover Update  (Read 2115 times)

AL

Andover Update
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:07 PM »
The new track is really starting to take shape now..    Rik Forte has been at the track all this week, and has said that he will now work all weekend also   :coolsmiley:

We have a great work party last Saturday with loads of people making it much easier ..         With the fact that most of us  will be at Gosport on Sunday , we have another Work party planned for this  Saturday ..    Going to involve mainly whacker plating  down  toping etc ..

We want to make the most of Rik + Machines being on site, this weekend ..
Please help if you can  :daumenhoch:

See you Sat

AL

thecrooch

Re: Andover Update
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:03 PM »
They've picked the RAD BASH @ MK on the same date as your regional 19th July!!!

AL

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39 PM »
That doesent suprise me  :-\     

But then again you would have to be a brave  person to want to ride , the new Andover on an old school bike now  ;D

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Any chance of some photos Al when you're next down ??????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Twatty

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Al. You gonna start riding 40+ Cowser then????  :)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:59 PM »
There's a bit in the local paper about the track and all the work thats been going on there. My other half told me about it earlier but I haven't looked to see if there are any pictures.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:02 AM by SteveG »

AL

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Al. You gonna start riding 40+ Cowser then? 

I have only ever done 1 BMX race in my life , and that was the dads Race at Hayes acouple of years ago .. 

I am still OK on a MX / Enduro ( Motorbike )   but hats of to your BMX guys , jumping with no suspension ( forks ) ..      Feels weird / bloody scary to me  ???

We had a full on work party today, 9.00-  6.00  :shocked:..    Everyone worked so hard today, inc the Mums loading the wheelbarrows etc ..   

Didnt  have  time to take any pics ...        Most of the Andover crew is at Gosport on sunday, but  Chris MIngo and Sean Smith are doing anothe rfull day with Rik Forte at the track if anyone not racing and wnats to pop up and do a bit ?

Will try and get some pics up  soon ..

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Sounds good.  Any pics?

KERMITQUAD

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Just posted some pictures on facebook of an unfinished Andover.

Workparty this weekend to start putting the topping on

http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=61262#/photos.php?id=686874686

Paul Bennett

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Has the Andover track been completed yet?

AL

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27 PM »
NO....

But if all the people who keep asking when is it going to be open actually came along and lent a hand it would be open a lot quicker  ;)

Sorry to sound blunt , but you can only spend so many hours on a the end of a whacker  plate !!

Andover parents and riders have worked flat our every weekend, rain or shine ..       We have spent the first part of the budget  15k, and are waiting for the go ahead from council , to get second wave of money to finish off..    didnt  help that we had the old container broken into and our generator and  hired whacker plates stolen  a couple of weeks  ago >:(

With us away at Derby over Easter...    Next big work party is set for   weekend 18th 19th  April ...      I am sure if we said the track was open on this date we would have loads of people finding time come along  ;D... So please if you spare a couple of hours put the date in your diary and  pop along and help us with final  topping etc ..

With a bit of luck  we should be somehwere close to opening then  :daumenhoch:    By the way the Track is looking the dogs Bollox !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Andover Update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx