gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 12:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Series 2010 - Suggested Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School Series 2010 - Suggested Series  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Old School Series 2010 - Suggested Series
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:36 PM »
In an attempt to avoid any organisational hiccups and undue workload for some I think we should follow the following for next seasons summer series.

We run meetings at regionals and the hersden summer series. Points from these meetings count towards final series standings. Every rider counts and every round counts. That way the committed have a better chance of placing higher in the championship at the end of the season. Those that can't commit still get a plate and recognition.

There are no plates or trophies, just the kudos of having taken part in a great little series. This eradicates any hassle at the end of the year for anyone and everyone. It also cuts out any officialdom from our point of view.

I'll have a chat with moley and see if he can do the stats for us again like he did in years gone by. Results should be available on Hawks website and the Hersden website.

We race at MK as a one off race with no points counting towards any championship placing.

If we follow these simple rules I think we can get some numbers back up again and have a craking little season.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Old School Series 2010 - Suggested Series
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I'm in the same boat as well. I'll have to work some sundays.

We could drop 2 rounds but I'd be cautious of dropping more than that.

We want to try and get a good turnout at every race not just the odd one here and there.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Also remember the series as a whole is made up of 2 other series so there's effectively 3 number 1 plates up for grabs.

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Sounds Great I agree Zippy the last thing we need is complicated rules.

something like 5 out of 8 or equivalent should suffice. 

No trophies or plates needed, we aint kids - Id rather get Beard to knock up some of his Bob haro artwork tees - as per the northern region - bloody good and everyone who wants one can order at the end of the year.

Pay yer £5 fees at regionals race - add it up at the end of the year. Im sure Moley will do the points.

Jobs a goodun.

"The South Shall Rise Again - Yee Haw...."    dukes of hazzard 2007

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I can chat to Dave about doing a limited run of t-shirts :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I'll do the points!!  :daumenhoch:

If anyone gets Video footage then get it up on You Tube and organise it into playlists for each round (see mine for example) and I will link into each playlist on the OSS BMX racing website.  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Right thats sorted then...

Cheers Ian, I hope you get the North sorted as well.... dont see any reason why not...

Suppose this mesns i better dust off the Limo.... specially if it means sticking an elbow in Zippys gullet!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Wow some enthusiasm  from the two Simons :daumenhoch:

Before the rounds are finalised, we need to know we have the commitment of the riders. I will be starting a riders list tonight with a poll to gauge opinion.
Personally the every round counts idea has been tried, and failed simply because the riders just cant commit to that amount of riding.
Before its decided whats what, lets get the poll started and see how the riders want it to go.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 06:15 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Personally the every round counts idea has been tried, and failed simply because the riders just cant commit to that amount of riding.

Apart from Phil Critchlow, No one makes every meeting!!  :D

I think 3/4's of a series is a good benchmark!!

6 out of 8
6 or 7 out of 9
7 out of 10
8 out of 11
9 out of 12

Something like that.    It rewards the faithful and still allows you to drop a few due to other commitments!!  ???

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Three dropped sounds good (& fair) to me king rat

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I'm happy to go along with that to be honest. I just want a series that attracts as many people as possible to as many rounds as possible.

So all we have to do now then is wait until the series dates are announced and we have a race series.  :4_17_5:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 07:47 PM »
I'll chat to Beard about the T-Shirts, his T's are quality and we can just alter the image3 of the ones he does for the Northern series.

thecrooch

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 09:58 PM »
My enthusiasm has never dropped just different priorities....

looking forward to it... but ill still be doing Cruiser so will pick and choose which rounds i do....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Hooga has said he's up for a return to action. It'd be good to see FLC and the other old regulars back on the gate. I reckon some of the newer old school racers will be up for a championship as well so I reckon we could get at least a gates worth at every round if we keep the momentum going.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Right so if I read it correctly from the two posts can we conclude then that the Summer Series will run something like this.

Series to run at the South Regional races and the Hersden Summer Series races. The top 8 rounds will count towards the final championship positions.

In the event of a tie in the standings then the next best points finish outside your top 8 will decide that position.

The MK10 races and the Brits are one of races that form no part of the Summer Series Old School Championship (SSOSC) The Brits race will be a charity event with procedes going towards a charity of the Old School communties choosing.

T-shirts will be available, they will be limited so it will be a first come first served basis. T-shirts will cost £15 and payment will be made directly to the supplier at time of purchase.

I think that about sums up everything. If I've missed anything then please add your ideas and opinions below.

se

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Feck I might have to dust off the Patterson and lose three stone. Not necessarily in that order.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Series 2010 - Suggested Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx