gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 01:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Session@kdubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Session@kdubs  (Read 8356 times)

Lil_Humps

Re: Session@kdubs
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 08:32 PM »
My rather detailed account lol: Had a fun weekend with some rather interesting  downhill routes that Keith showed us. It was good to see that I wasn't the only BMXer who was interested in MTBiking. Thanks to Keith who  let us sleep in such a nice, warm caravan after a long day of riding and who made this all possible.  The best dh bit for me which was the route that led up to the to steep runs in the devils punch bowl. I wasn't too keen on the dh anywhere to be honest as it was a bit too knarley for me and I fell off a lot. The first day was wet and very cold especially at the top of the mountain by the Devil's Punch Bowl but it was still good fun. The hungry horse made up for the downsides though with its great food for good prices and just chillaxing with everyone after in the bar lounge talking about things that as Keith said, made Nathan grey and green.
Day 2 was also good despite being freezing cold and very muddy due to the rain the previous day.  I was a bit dissapointed with the 4x track too as it was very rough and stoney. Also, in an attempt to jump a step-down, I got an instant flat which thanks to Mark Barden, got fixed quickly and I was out riding again.  The dh we did which was called 'Dark Side' was pretty fun at the top with a a few roll overs and a large jump at the end. But someone decide we would continue the run down to the bottom which was not so fun as I slid out at least 5 times despite two disc brakes and grippy mud tires. Massive props to Mark Barden who had to pick himself up so many times after slipping out with his dry orientated tires.  He was sometimes 30 odd feet away from his bike!  Also props to Spillers who had to do all we did with just one brake.  I think that Keith was the only one who didn't fall off or slip out and even that I am unsure of :LolLolLolLol:. Once we had finally got to the bottom, we found at the bottom of one of the dh runs, there was a road gap of about 15-20ft followed by a rather sizable tabletop of around 40ft.  I didn't fancy doing this so I just sat back and watched as Nathan, Joe, Billy and Keith all took up the challenge. Nathan went first and despite overjumping the road gap, cleared the tabletop and with style. This prompted the others to have a go and after a few attempts, Joe was so close to clearing the tabletop and Keith I am quite sure would have is his gears hadn't have locked up and he was in the opposite stance to how he usually rides.  Billy however was not so lucky as after 1 or 2 attempts where he had not hit the tabletop in the middle, got it right in the middle the next time and decided to have a pop at the table although he says the forks soaked up his boost and as he flew over it, his nose went down almost like a TJ Baldwin although he also had his back whipped out to the side of him (if only we'd have had a camera) and he wiped out pretty heavily although by the time we were down there, he had picked himself back up and said he was ok thanks to his pads. P.S. Billy, hope you aren't going to be in too much pain in the morning.  The very long and steep climb back up wasn't too much fun either and I am glad we didn't do it again like Joe Stup wanted to.

Anyway, generally a good weekend which got me out of the house and thanks to everyone for helping me when I needed it and especially for Billy for taking me and Keith for making all of the arrangments and letting us all stay over. Cheers guys, James.   :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 08:48 PM »
It was a top weekend all round, even though the weather wasn`t the best  :knuppel2:

Thanks go to Keith who is the host with the most, he`ll be busy trying to clean up the mess that we left behind before Rene gets home on Tues, and I just hope the washing machine still works after the state of the clothing of ours that went in it, including footware  :2funny:

The only downer was that after a 2 hour drive this morning we found that the ukbike park was shit, even though we managed to enjoy ourselves falling of bikes, especially me  :crazy2:

I did think I was going to be in trouble though when I hit the 40ft table top at about 35mph only to see the rear wheel of the bike going past me whilst I was airbourne and deciding to exit left landing 8 ft the other side on my head without the bike, then I looked up to see everyone rushing towards me looking a bit concerned  :2funny:

Now you know why my nickname is `Stuntman Stupple`  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Thanks to keith for a top weekend and the loan of a bike today after my white knuckle riding on a bmx cruiser on saturday cheers mate  :daumenhoch: definatley easier with suspension forks and grippy tires  :LolLolLolLol:

Loved the kdubb track but the downhill sections at devils punchbowls were a nightmare,especially riding in rain/wind/mud/fog and on a cruiser  :D

Really enjoyed the uk bikepark today especially having a blast on the 4x track  :daumenhoch: not to sure about the DARK SIDE downhill run  :idiot2: what a nightmare with only a rear brake  :D and do people really throw themselves down there at warp speeds  :idiot2: must admit i've never laghed so much whilst crashing down a mountian/hill or whatever the hell it was  :LolLolLolLol:

As for that drop off big respect to nathan(he da man)/joe stupps/bill/and keith,especially stupps senior i thought you were gonna have to be airlifted to hospital when i saw the stack  :crazy2: i sh!t you not mr stupple hit this jump at unbelievable speed which
 launched him skywards into a crash that looked awfull  ??? quote from bill after everyone rushed over to see if he was still alive "good job i'm f*ckin hard"  :LolLolLolLol:

Both days i was covered from head to toe in thick mud and soaking wet but made for a mental weekend  :daumenhoch:

Thanks to lil humps as well for letting me try out his giant stp over the weekend  :daumenhoch: poor little sod was ringing wet and covered in mud all weekend GET HIM IN THAT BATH ALAN  :LolLolLolLol:

Nearly forgot,saturday was funny seeing old man kev slipping and sliding in the mud falling ass over b*llock especially when we had to go down that long vertical drop we''ll have to do it again soon  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:33 PM by spillers#2 »

oldmankev

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 09:33 AM »
What about my 1 footer over the treestump, glad you were the
only witness to that mate, i take it it rained in Dorset then
Southsea was bone dry all day!!!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Bastards!  While I was painting the kitchen you lot got to ride your bikes.  Then I woke up yesterday and got more ill as the day went on.  I've honestly never felt so ill in all my life.  Just recovering now, no idea what it was - migraine, temperature, cold sweats, vomiting.

So are you guys racing at Dorset next weekend?  I think I will be giving it a miss, but might venture to Chicksands if the weather's OK/I'm fully recovered.

kdubbmx

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Sounds like the paint fumes got to you Mike!! (you better not do any more then!!)  ;)

I think its safe to say we wont be racing at UK bikepark next weekend, put it this way, the 4x track there is NOTHING like Chicksands at all!  :(

Say no more  ;)

A chicksands session sounds far more enjoyable  :) :) :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09 PM »
BTW I have a sleeping bag and some knee/shin pads in the van that don`t belong to me  :-\

Also I`m fooking walking like a spastic today, my hips hurt me  :2funny:

kdubbmx

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 03:19 PM »
We are moving out of the Land Of Nod at christmas  :'( so if any of you want to ride here (mike@dialled etc) you'd better come down before then, maybe we should all ride here every free weekend till then!!!

We will build at the new place but it'll take time for it to take shape (& hard work)  :buck2:

moomin

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 03:21 PM »

And that's different to every day? how?????? :LolLolLolLol: :-*

nathbmx2005

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 03:27 PM »
was a good weekend except the weather

thanks keith for letting us stay and use your shower and that

the downhill was a bit much was more like riding off a cliff, prob had a better chance of stopping  ;D

oh and bill you've got my sleeping bag in a green rucksack

kdubbmx

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 03:35 PM »
No need to thank me guys i had fun too, you lot are welcome down here anytime.  :)

Thank Billy & Spillers for all the driving etc.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 03:39 PM »

Bloody cheek  :2funny:

moomin

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 03:39 PM »

sorry hun, couldn't resist  :angel: :angel: :2funny:

nathbmx2005

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 03:40 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 03:42 PM »

Nice avator btw  :LolLolLolLol:

moomin

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 03:47 PM »

Nice avator btw  :LolLolLolLol:

what  :angel: :LolLolLolLol:

got a new one now  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 03:53 PM by Mrs Ratty »

chippy

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Almost forgot to thank Billy and Lee for running me around all weekend , can't remember ever traveling that far before and not having to drive at all ,

Cheers guys if I can ever repay the favour just give us a shout , :) :)

spillers#1

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 07:20 PM »
What about my 1 footer over the treestump, glad you were the
only witness to that mate, i take it it rained in Dorset then
Southsea was bone dry all day!!!!
Forgot about that kev  :LolLolLolLol: yeah man how you kept upright i don't know,kev came charging through the tree's at keiths track sideways then launched off the tree stump jump one footed  :crazy2:

nathbmx2005

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 09:09 PM »
sideways was the new forwards for the weekend ;D

kdubbmx

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Ride the slide!!  :daumenhoch:

nathbmx2005

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54 PM »
bill couldnt stay off the slides

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Sideways was the only way down, with a few somersalts thrown in  :LolLolLolLol:

Remember this Keith :

"I`m making my own route now ...........................arrrrrrrrr " sounds of me flying over the handlebars followed  :2funny:

kdubbmx

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 10:06 PM »
How many times did Billy hit the deck?

over the bars at the top of DH1, dived off & fell down the chute at DH1, on to his arse on the DH at the bikepark, the biggie over the bars on the 40ft table, also went over the last berm on the 4X & stubbed his toe!

Thats 5 i saw, maybe there were more crashes????  :LolLolLolLol:

kdubbmx

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Dont make me laugh anymore, my ribs are still sore from the amount of laughing i did at the weekend!!!!!!  :knuppel2:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 10:11 PM »
My shoulder, hips, knees and big toe aint laughing much  :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Session@kdubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx