gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975574 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 11:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  ** MK 2012 IS ON - DATE CONFIRMED **
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ** MK 2012 IS ON - DATE CONFIRMED **  (Read 107440 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: ** MK 2012 IS ON - DATE CONFIRMED **
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Hi Guys,

Never been to this event but it certainly does sound tempting.

Are there any details about it anywhere i can look at? Where its held, camping, facilities etc..

And of course who is welcome?

oldskoolcool  :)

The details are at the beginning of this thread.

It is held at Milton Keynes BMX track, camping is on site at the track on the Saturday night, the main show is Sunday but Saturday is open too (from early) and has more of a chilled out getting drunk vibe to it.  There are no facilites at the track as it is basically a field, but there are toilets, burger van, ice creams seller etc.  However it isn't far to the pub, takeaways and McDonalds, LOL.

On the Sunday, you have loads of things going on, from probably the best BMX Show and Shine anywhere in the world, loads of fat drunk/hungover blokes racing BMX's, raffle (to win some lovely prizes) and even funnier you will see the site Moderators and Admin running around like chicken's with no heads trying to make sure everything goes smooooooth.

And most importantly.. Everyone is welcome and it is a free event.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:43 PM by Stidds »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2012, 03:01 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2012, 03:25 PM »
Will the mods be having a race?  Throwing some money in a kitty for the winner?   :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Will the mods be having a race?  Throwing some money in a kitty for the winner?   :daumenhoch:

If we have the time, trouble is there are loads of things to do all weekend and we usually don't get the chance.

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2012, 04:34 PM »
See I think you should make time for this. I know it is a busy time for you folks.  You could make it a challenge like on top gear. Where you have a small budget to build your pos ride. You will then be marked for presentation of your pos. with extra marks thrown in for anything that is different or funny.  Task number 2 will involve the pos bunny hop comp. after all the stuff is there to do a straight comp. Task number 3 a straight race. But not around the dangerous track. But around the lake course. But you have to stop of at the pub and have a 1 pint. Have 1 ride at the fair. Have 1 picture taken of your bike with a bird sitting on it. Marks will be awarded on what type of drink you have a pint of. How dangerous the fairground ride is. And lastly how fit the bird in the pic is.  :daumenhoch:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2012, 07:40 PM »
See I think you should make time for this. I know it is a busy time for you folks.  You could make it a challenge like on top gear. Where you have a small budget to build your pos ride. You will then be marked for presentation of your pos. with extra marks thrown in for anything that is different or funny.  Task number 2 will involve the pos bunny hop comp. after all the stuff is there to do a straight comp. Task number 3 a straight race. But not around the dangerous track. But around the lake course. But you have to stop of at the pub and have a 1 pint. Have 1 ride at the fair. Have 1 picture taken of your bike with a bird sitting on it. Marks will be awarded on what type of drink you have a pint of. How dangerous the fairground ride is. And lastly how fit the bird in the pic is.  :daumenhoch:

This sounds like a great idea Stu but instead of building a POS on a small budget they could each borrow one of your POS's.

>:D ;D :D :2funny:

Sorry Stu
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Pos?  I'm not sure what you mean?

Try again homer-guff!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08 AM »

O fcuk off, there is no way mattdub can run. Roll, wobble and stumble yes but not run

skye199

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42 PM »
OK guys we now have the weekend confirmed for this years MK 2012 extravaganza, the only place to be for a fun packed weekend of everything Old School BMX

This years MK will be  August 18/19th - so get it in the diary before the missus has you going on holiday  ;)

Loads more info to come, just a heads up on the date for now.

The RADBMX Team  :daumenhoch:
[Hi, What is the address in MK?
Thanks]

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49 PM »
The track is at Pineham, Milton Keynes - off V11 Tongwell Street.  (just to the east of the Willen North Lake).

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2012, 10:36 PM »

They fooled my dads operation up Saturday, went it for a hip and came out with a new knee so looks like all 3 of team clump can come

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2012, 07:36 AM »
woo hoo!!!   wouldn't have been the same without you pete  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21 AM »

That would make me cancel my holiday Stu, one of the funniest ideas ever on here. The idea of the mods trying to convince a fit bird to sit on their bike and have a picture taken I think I would die laughing to watch.......
Still limping......

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52 AM »
I also think the first round should be a bike build comp. they have race to build their pos against each other. With a limited amount of tools which they have to share. Of course the tools will all be the wrong type. Like worn adjustable spanners, wrong size Allen keys, a big hammer, and pair of mole grips. No wd40 or grease though!!  :daumenhoch:

It will be just like it was back in the 80's!! :LolLolLolLol:

Talking to johnny goose on Saturday night he thinks this wouldn't be hard to do as most of his bikes are apparently built this way!!   :2funny: :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2012, 09:16 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:   would be funny as fook! 

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33 AM »
It just isn't possible as we only have a weekend to build the bikes and Mattdub takes about 2 years to build anything  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2012, 09:35 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  poor old Matt  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Stu you obviously haven't been to the fix-it tent as they are the only tools we have in there. You forgot stilsons as well for tensioning spokes...... ;-)

As for Jonnygoose's bikes, i've seen him try and build things and he's clearly a desk-jockey by day. I actually had to check how many thumbs he had one year as I was sure he had at least 6 the way he was trying to put his s&s entry label on, let alone master installing a 3-piece crank bless him......
Still limping......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14 AM »

As for Jonnygoose's bikes, i've seen him try and build things and he's clearly a desk-jockey by day. I actually had to check how many thumbs he had one year as I was sure he had at least 6 the way he was trying to put his s&s entry label on, let alone master installing a 3-piece crank bless him......

Cheeky fooker  :knuppel2:

I think you will find that was alcohol induced fumblings  :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17 AM »
that old chustnut hey??   ;)   ;D

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2012, 05:53 PM »
car - check
bike - check
my own chair - check

i'm ready

stillriding

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2012, 06:34 PM »
CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :4_17_5: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :4_17_5:

yoda

« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Im def on for this year, dragging bigplinky down and whoever else will be free that wknd. Sneaky trip over to ride vert at Corby will be on the cards oh and Im even bringing my 87' Worlds replica TA to stick in the show thingy...now thats a first!

moomin

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47 AM »
i"ll be chilling with a lie in with no kids now thanks to parents and mum in law  :daumenhoch:

and Crazypaving for taking over racing for me, you're a top geezer big love and good luck :smitten:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2012, 09:29 PM »
and Crazypaving for taking over racing for me,
Oh no
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  ** MK 2012 IS ON - DATE CONFIRMED **

gfxgfx
gfx gfx