gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975587 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 01, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Recent Posts
gfx
gfxgfx

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tech and Restoration / Re: Another project. This time it's a lambo !
« Last post by Midschoolfool on June 01, 2024, 01:49 PM »

Sanded it wet with P600, then with a brillo pad before the etch.
« Last post by Midschoolfool on June 01, 2024, 01:01 PM »
Things I forgot. I ordered a seat clamp for 3 quid.

It has speed holes

I also ordered this. Its code name is Tuesdays Child.

Sorry about her box  :LolLolLolLol: last time I uploaded a pic of Mondays Child Imgur deleted it :(
« Last post by Midschoolfool on June 01, 2024, 12:13 PM »
Oh and also. The impossible has been achieved.

Bloody huge relief that was !
« Last post by Midschoolfool on June 01, 2024, 12:05 PM »
It's funny because I suppose in a way I am a bit of a masochist. I know going in that I am going to have to go through all sorts of shit, but for some reason I get off on it.

Thing is this time I met my match. Not because of me. I have amazing patience. This time though my brother is in the mix. So I have to worry about him not ending up with anything etc. And the stress? jesus. So I think I am going back to flying solo in the future  :LolLolLolLol:

As for this though? Well I thought about it. "What the F is the point in building yet another 20" that is just going to sit there, when I can build something that will get ridden the shit out of?" These are harder to store, but that won't be a problem with what I have planned.

Any way something that has been bugging me has been the decals. I really, really like the ones on the original Treviso (IE my one)

I looked bloody everywhere but to no avail. Then in a twist of irony I knew that I had seen that sort of font before.

I threw this together in about 5 mins. Need to do the outline the correct shape and refine it, but ffs.

« Last post by Mikku on June 01, 2024, 04:26 AM »
Nice doors! :daumenhoch:

I've said this before and I'll keep saying it until you stop building (if that ever happens) but I love following your threads! I like the bikes, of course, but I think it's the way you work though all the problems that I really enjoy reading! I have neither the skills nor patience!! :bow:

Keep up the good work!!
« Last post by Midschoolfool on May 31, 2024, 01:15 PM »
Lambo build now has Lambo doors.  :LolLolLolLol:

Wait for it....

Ayyyyyyyy  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last post by Midschoolfool on May 30, 2024, 08:08 PM »
Yeah, dude it was FILTHY. It has been nearly three years since I have even so much as touched it.

The carbon post on it was never a good idea, due to the pinch design. It crunched that post. Thankfully not anywhere near where it matters for this build so I will cut it down.

OK so update time.

I ordered those a couple of days back. Grips should match the seat lovely. The frame came in today and is going to be a minor ball ache. First off the BB is Italian, but I think I still have the ends I removed in the reverse of this shit a couple of months back  :LolLolLolLol: but secondly it needs a very obscure headset.

Semi integrated BUT 41.4mm, not the standard 44. That's the bloody Italians for you  :LolLolLolLol: I am hoping that will sort that issue. I will then need to find these (the ends)

And fit them to my Octalink BB. Not hard.

Turned out the frame and fork were the same seller. Which was nice, as they gave me back a tenner. Those came in today.

The fork is a work of pure art.

Stunning. So I found some old style decal art (the type I want) online. Guy wanted 60 quid for them  :LolLolLolLol: ass hat. I upscaled these using AI

Just for the lettering and "Treviso" part. Apparently the Pinarello Treviso has always been their top end model. Treviso is the town in Italy where they are based.

I ordered that a few days back from Ali Express. Came today. I love that. Proper takes me back to my childhood that does. I also have received the tyres, brake levers, brake cables and a few other smalls. The paint also came in today. I also had a pretty crazy idea. See, all of Pinarellos new frames are carbon. The one I got? 2012-2016. I love the look of forged carbon. It is stunning, so I got this.

I am going to cut the Pinarello lettering from that. The idea is that basically with those decals on it will look like the frame is carbon. At which point someone put gold candy over it, put the lettering on as stencils, painted it yellow and then took them off, exposing the carbon underneath.
Events / Re: 2024 rides I know of
« Last post by brettypeeps on May 29, 2024, 06:01 PM »
Loads more added  explosion
« Last post by Mikku on May 29, 2024, 11:56 AM »
Intrigued to see how this goes. :daumenhoch:

Nice to see that GT again too! :coolsmiley:
New School Racing / Re: 2024 Race Blog - Year 8 - It's Never Too Late!!
« Last post by Mikku on May 29, 2024, 11:51 AM »
Both race meetings went ahead as scheduled last Sunday, so I chose to go down to Osaka, the rationale being a better chance of more riders and therefore race action. Surprisingly, Joetsu actually had 7 riders enter the over 30s class, meaning that I would have made it a full gate had I gone up there. No regrets though, because I had a good day at Oizumi. There were 12 riders in their over 30s class, so we were split into two racks of 6, with the top four from each going through to the main. I had some close racing in every moto, managing to take 4th, 4th and 4th in each one to qualify for the main. Making the main event at Oizumi is quite often out of my reach, so I was happy with that and couldn't really complain about the subsequent 8th place finish. Overall though, I rode quite well and felt strong throughout the day. There's plenty more to work on, of course, but the important thing for me was making the main with some good dices en route. Below is a video of the third moto, with me in lane 5.

/>
The next scheduled race is at Joetsu on 23rd June, with Oizumi the following weekend. The Japanese rainy season may have something to say about that, but hopefully at least one of those meetings goes ahead, if not both. :daumenhoch:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
gfxgfx
gfx gfx