gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 07:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?  (Read 4607 times)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:26 PM »
Im thinking of going to Benfleet indoor Skatepark and seeing if any old nutters want to tag along ?

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 10:02 PM »
No one on here comes from Southend or basildon area ? Maybe Billericay ?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:29 AM »
i was from there but moved  head to rom skatepark on sundays
dagenham race track some week nights  or sunday braintree or dagenham
a few members are around your area  ..canvey has a not bad council park setup.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Hi, thanks just trying to see if any of my old time felow riders came out of the woodwork but no sign. Ho hum just see when i go there.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 08:10 AM »
who are your old mates  and from what part.i might know a few 
i was born in basildon

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Doubt youll know them. I lived in Wickford until 2002 and the main guys(two brothers lived in wickford and the other 2 guys lived in Rayleigh). Jeremy and Edwen Freid and Jamie Davis and Steve Jackson. Did get to know some Rom locals Ryan, Will Farrely(worked at Superbike ilford)Jerry Galley i rode with a few times(awesome) Chingford London guys, mad John, Lincon Blacksley ? Graham Marfleet(crazy) Greg Guillot(crazy) and more than i remember.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 11:50 AM »
a few of those kinda ring a bell maybe,i lived in church end avenue wickford ,and whitmore way basildon at the same time
wickford we rode alot,danny rick ,gunner,colin levett,jason hassell,morph,and a few others in the big superstore carpark..the good old days

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Morph was a minor star in Wickford for his jumping on the wick. Went to Hassells birthday party(with a lot of a class riders) eons ago. Spent some time watching hassell on his ramps in his back garden. Superstore car park flatland day ahh i remember it well. Endless days of no worries.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21 PM »
morph ended up with dodgy cosworths a while back..hassels back garden 1/4 was sketchy smashed my chin on the neigbours wall
the bridge at the bottom of the big carpark in wickford was a place we used to jump but now its got that housing estate on it back in the 80s
we rode blue bell woods with dirt jumps until someone destroyed them.

richboy

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:14 PM »
im from bas area,(stanford le hope) have 2 mates still ride old school, 1 from laindon and 1 in upminster,but we all ride 24".
used to ride with basildon boys b.i.t.d.    matt rivers, darren faulkner and lee halverson. all rode for canvey roadrunners.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:16 PM »
There was a semi decent Halpipe in ashingdon(Hockley) i rode in the late eighties and did you ride the bowl(car park in Basildon) ? Is there any public concrete Skateparks in our area ?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 08:20 PM »
rode the car park all summer when savacenter was being built in about 1981
infact me and hassell walked a wheel barrow full of concrete all across basildon to make a smooth bit to ride the carpark curve
then realised we had no water ,so had to knock on a door in cherrydown to mix it up..   :idiot2:

richboy

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 08:21 PM »
i used to ride the bowl in dasildon, im guessing you mean the brick work one? was mainly at rom though.. slightly of topic but if you know the village called bulphan, inbetween orset and west horndon, they have just had a new track built, well sort of track  :LolLolLolLol:  cost £90.000 of councils money, the women who designed it even got an mbe or summin for it  :2funny: if you ever go and look you will relise why im laughing.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 06:10 AM »
Why did they take the decent halfpipe away at Blackshots sports centre ? there was one at the old terry Marsh center in Pitsea ? Why do the councils put these things up then take them down ?

evamedia

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:55 AM »
There was a semi decent Halpipe in ashingdon(Hockley) i rode in the late eighties and did you ride the bowl(car park in Basildon) ? Is there any public concrete Skateparks in our area ?

Semi Decent, cheek  ;) , did you come to the one at Stanley Road, or Magnolia

Here's me at Magnolia (more Rochford, than Ashingdon)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52 PM »
I went to Bercy stadium in France with the guys who made the ramp in Rochford to watch all the USA pros(bike and skate) in a halfpipe comp. I remember little Mark(streetbeat)  Lee (Hutch) good ramp rider and a few others and they were all good blokes. Were are they now i keep asking myself. I dont know of any good halfpipes now in the area ?

richboy

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Why did they take the decent halfpipe away at Blackshots sports centre ? there was one at the old terry Marsh center in Pitsea ? Why do the councils put these things up then take them down ?
[/quote

corringham used to have a half decent skatepark yrs ago, thats all gone now.
i really cant belive they built this new track in bulphan, fook me there only 30yrs to late. ]

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Hi Fella.

Ive lived in Billericay since 1978..... Parents moved out of bethnel green to move to " the country " as did half the east end back in the day. I rode blue bell woods ( which is now queens park estate ) from about the time we moved there untill the end. The " mini rom " which was at the back of Mayflower school fields and of corse the  Rom. Got all me gear from Rad City and Halfords Basildon.

ta bloke

Si. :)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 07:58 AM »
Yes many a fond memory in Rad city and when the shop closed i was gutted, but they did try the arcades for a while but it wasnt the same. You still ride "why isnt this working" ?

evamedia

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 11:17 AM »
I went to Bercy stadium in France with the guys who made the ramp in Rochford to watch all the USA pros(bike and skate) in a halfpipe comp. I remember little Mark(streetbeat)  Lee (Hutch) good ramp rider and a few others and they were all good blokes. Were are they now i keep asking myself. I dont know of any good halfpipes now in the area ?

....er, so did I, sorry, but who are you? My name and phone number was on the gate of the Rochford ramp. Mark is around, not riding though. Unfortunately Lee passed away in 2000.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Lee passed away, what a waste he was a good bloke. Say hi to mark. You still rideing ?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 05:05 PM »
i rode  a ramp in rochford and some dirt jumps  ,dont know the road but it was across some fields
near a fishing area...was it near king edwards scool the ramp.john horn was the lad i rode with there.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52 PM »
The Halfpipe was in a public feild with a waist high fence around it. It was next door to some sort of workshop, but that was the other side of the wall. Dont know John horn but there was about 6-7 blokes that had something to do with that ramp.  Harris where do you live now ?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 06:14 PM »
im now in suffolk near bury st edmunds  alot of my family are still in basildon ,wickford ,laindon,s woodham ferrers and surrounding .

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Ah South Woodham race track, some good jumps there and has a metal Skatepark. Laindon has a little metal skatepark, Wickford as well.Basildon has one but allways seem to have a lot of deadbeats hanging around.  Still want a local hot spot guide to be made on here. Used to bump into Andy Ruffell in South Woodham. Andy ggod places to ride in Bury st Edmunds ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx