gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 03:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 553128 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3775 on: March 31, 2023, 03:25 PM »
Oh and toblerone, YGPM dude.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3776 on: March 31, 2023, 05:13 PM »
Ordered. Build should hopefully begin next week.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3777 on: April 16, 2023, 07:16 PM »
Bolts.

Couple of Bone Deth shirts on sale for 11 quid a pop.

given I have shrunk over 5.5 stone.

I then had a problem. It is pretty much time to ride, and when I rebuilt the orange screamer last summer (and then didn't ride it because I was para about Covid)

I replaced  a good chunk of the heavy shit for very light shit. I also replaced the seat clamp a bit later (it was lost in the post so I had to wait for a second) but didn't get pics of that.

Like everything else I replaced it weighs about F all. Which is good. Problem was I ran short on cash toward the end, and I hated the white chain so I got a cheap Shimano one. The problem with that was it is super narrow (which wasn't a problem as it is quite light) BUT when I used a split link there was a lot of play in it. So I added another link spacer and it still had a small bit of play.

This makes me paranoid. Like, to the f-ing extreme, given the worst crash I ever had (and had to have three subsequent surgeries on my elbow) was caused by a snapping chain standing up going full pelt. As such I haven't even ridden Mk4 "I now weigh about the same as a strand of spaghetti".

But the chain was a problem. So, the other day I went hunting for the lightest chain known to man. And I found it too ! for a hundred and twenty quid  :LolLolLolLol: But you lot know me I am a tight c**t. The 120 sovs one was in orange and black (D-ROOL) but yeah 120 quid. So when this one came up on sale for 45 I was sold.

Now yeah look I know it is red and black. Thing is? so are the pads that are now on it, and tbh? they look kinda good. I also like how utterly f-ing evil it looks.

So I bagged it.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3778 on: April 16, 2023, 07:25 PM »
FFS I knew I had newer photos.

I got the decals off Joffy. My fave, the drippy !

But yeah, think that and a black seat clamp  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3779 on: April 17, 2023, 08:15 PM »
Another pair of mushrooms RON WILKERSON SIGNATURE, plus some pink ST's. fistblump
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3780 on: April 18, 2023, 06:55 PM »
Another pair of mushrooms RON WILKERSON SIGNATURE, plus some pink ST's. fistblump

Those the ST's off ebay?  I was soo tempted.  nice  :coolsmiley:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3781 on: April 18, 2023, 09:24 PM »

Those the ST's off ebay?  I was soo tempted.  nice  :coolsmiley:
Yes kept going back to them  and then hit buy it now. They  are in pretty good condition, fairly supple. Just going to baby wipe them  and they are good  to go on some Tuffs.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3782 on: April 25, 2023, 02:36 PM »
Just had 2.5 weeks of pure hell. Been clearing out, buying new bed and mattress, work to the flat to upgrade etc. Talking of which.

Finally got out of there today. Body is just wrecked tbh. Mainly from 6 trips a day down to the dumpster carrying heavy shit, then having to get back up the 8 flights of steps. Going to rest up now, as I am not even done yet :(

Tshirts got.

About a month or so back I bought a pair of these Doomed shorts. I had forgotten how absolutely amazing sweat shorts are TBH, so within a minute of them arriving I got a second set.

Went back for more and they are all sold out :( That said they were 20 quid a pop at half price. Had a dig around, ended up on TKMAXX. Found these reduced from 70 quid a pair to 15, so I have ordered two.

They match absolutely everything about those Tshirts, and they have that super summer 80s vibe too. Boshty.

Ti stuff is here also.

Like the proverbial.

Will strip that over the coming days, just relieved I got the right ones because 25 quid  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3783 on: April 29, 2023, 11:41 PM »
I have just paid for this lovely Motobecane Profil branded crank set made by the French company Nervar. They will obviously be ripped down to a single speed to be used on an upcoming Motobecane rider build.
 fistblump
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3784 on: April 30, 2023, 10:53 PM »
OK, I've gone crank crazy this week. I was the only bidder on this tonight. I've been after one for a while now. It's a SR MC-110 Pro Competition Model crankset, or as we all know it the Aerox M.

I also won a tatty Motobecane branded black saddle for ?3.20 tonight. It was listed as Mongoose but I knew what the M logo was. Not desirable but right up my ally. It will find its way on a build soon no doubt. 

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3785 on: May 01, 2023, 12:15 PM »
Tis the season  :LolLolLolLol:

Seems to be a lot for sale at the moment. Good prices too.

Talking of the season. Bit shit at the moment isn't it? one minute it's lovely and warm then the next it's cold. So I went on TKmaxx again and picked this up.

And a top.

57 quid the pair. Got to the checkout and it said "You saved 280 quid". Can't beat that.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3786 on: May 06, 2023, 04:48 PM »
Hello chaps, it's been a while, I hope you are all well.

Most of you probably know that the later Raleigh Grifter XL came with Nitto bars, I only found this out recently though. So needing some decent Japanese bars for a build and steering clear of the pricey stuff and missing out on some eBay auctions that ended up selling at a reasonable price, I thought I would have a look on eBay. Boom 💥 under a score posted, result. Nice early race look to them with the sweep.

fistblump

I just took delivery of another set of these today. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have some sitting in the parts pile for the right build . They cleaned up pretty well too. 22 notes well spent I reckon.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3787 on: May 07, 2023, 01:05 PM »
Push the boat out.. One sticker  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3788 on: June 01, 2023, 01:07 PM »

Kinda annoying those. Wondermic had a set up on Ebay. I bid on them, but tapped out at 38 quid. Joke tbh. I wanted them for my Pork. Any way, just got those for 25 quid delivered. Mounted but never used. Not even sure if they were the ones I was bidding on, no idea.

Any way yeah, cherry on the cake for the Pork. I also got these.

I know, WTF right? well the Eastern has new school pedals on. I wanted something a lot more mid school, so I got those. And you are probably thinking I am mad and or stupid. Sort of, but not this time lol.

The green ones are going on there, and those demos are going on the Eastern. Talking of the Eastern...

Well first the cranks need some work to make them perfect. I think I will paint them satin black. They have koofs in them and to get rid of those would require getting very rough. I don't have a black set, so I can use some JB, and yeah satin black. Any way I wanted a bash for it, as like the Standard et al I want it as heavy as humanly possible  :LolLolLolLol: So I first bought this from Wondermic for 35 quid posted.

KHE Grinddisc. Any way, then the guy I got the Eastern from says he has and will send me this  :LolLolLolLol:

So aye, I got options.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3789 on: June 02, 2023, 12:20 AM »
Hi guys, thought I'd drop in a derail this cool thread.

But firstly, the biggest of  thanks, for all the kind words over on my Changa thread and other channels over the past month or so  :daumenhoch:  :smitten:.

So, here's my 'it got delivered today', or actually at 9:09 Monday morning...

explosion

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Yep, that's it, nothing else matters. Amber and I are still buzzing, and so so proud of our daughter for delivering a grandson we never imagined we'd have, & who went through this without a partner, and has had a hell of a journey herself getting to this point (another sad, crazy long backstory in it's own right). Makes you thankful for the life and miracles you have, even when the mundane stuff kicks you in the gonads.

So that's it, I'm back on 'my happy wagon'. The sun shines, life's great. Thanks again, and now that I've f@@ked the thread, let's all get back to building.

Stay safe, keep it  :radbmxsmilie:, and look out for updates soon.

Pete  :smitten:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 12:21 AM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3790 on: June 02, 2023, 11:41 PM »
Congrats grandad!! :daumenhoch:

Seriously, that's great news Pete. Best wishes to you all from Japan.  :)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3791 on: June 03, 2023, 12:56 AM »
Congrats grandad!! :daumenhoch:

Seriously, that's great news Pete. Best wishes to you all from Japan.  :)

Cheers Mick, and all. Much appreciated  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3792 on: June 03, 2023, 10:40 AM »
Awwwww *wipes tear*

Congratulations guys x

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3793 on: June 04, 2023, 08:25 PM »

Orange mushroom has found a brother now. Albeit  a slightly different shade, but they live in harmony.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3794 on: June 05, 2023, 11:05 AM »
One set of these, coming right up  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Thphewphth

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3795 on: June 07, 2023, 12:32 AM »
Finally fitted a BB to the frame my wife bought me 4 years ago, time to get it done I think. Stranger crank waiting on sprocket to fit. Headset acquired, seat, bars, grips all accounted for,  pedals en route with sprocket and cinema front wheel, tires....undecided. Also need forks but that's for next payday

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3796 on: June 07, 2023, 09:54 AM »
Finally fitted a BB to the frame my wife bought me 4 years ago, time to get it done I think. Stranger crank waiting on sprocket to fit. Headset acquired, seat, bars, grips all accounted for,  pedals en route with sprocket and cinema front wheel, tires....undecided. Also need forks but that's for next payday

Cool, please start a build thread and keep us updated. We like lots of pictures  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3797 on: June 07, 2023, 12:45 PM »
FORE !

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3798 on: June 07, 2023, 05:09 PM »
FORE !

Now that is a rare beast, great colour too  explosion

Offline Thphewphth

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3799 on: June 07, 2023, 06:24 PM »

Cool, please start a build thread and keep us updated. We like lots of pictures  fistblump

I might just do that, been terribly antisocial for quite some time now. Currently nightshift but once that's done I'm all over it 👍

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx