gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 04:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 23449 times)

moley

Re: A cracking night
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 05:22 PM »
Keep on plugging away Dibly!!  :daumenhoch:

His gear is new but he'll win over the naysayers in the end!!

It's early days yet and his brand doesn't deserve the bashing it gets!!

Who's this streetjudge fella and can he back up his claims or is he just jumping on the brand bashing bandwagon?  ???

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 05:58 PM »
This thread is a total embarrassment, should have been binned from the off

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Fcuking hell lads.........

Whats with all this 'brand bashing nonsense'?

Every single brand so far as I'm aware has had breakages.  And the reason I'm aware is because people talk about it.  There is no brand bashing, just lots of chat about the new boy.  Whats wrong with that?

I will guarantee you now, if it was another new companys frames that were breaking, there'd be a bloody great big thread all about it too.

Lets see now if we can name a brand that we've never heard of a breakage from.   Freestyle bikes, obviously.

dialledbikes

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2009, 07:07 PM »
i have sold in the UK and across Europe close to 1000 units

That's very impressive.

You've sold in 6 months what I've sold in 5 years.

Bushwacked

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 07:22 PM »
That can't be right - I see loads of your bikes out on the trails Mike. In fact I was admiring your Prince Albert last weekend!

Anyway - Fair play to Dibly for getting off his ass and making all his stuff - not sure there are many people who'd have the balls to do it!!! and hats off to those who do.

On a similar note, I recently had an issue with my MTB frame - weld went after 12 months of reasonable abuse - it was a similar brand in that it was UK born and based (although made in Taiwan) and they are a new comer taking on the heavy weight industry players.

I happily swapped it over for a new frame as I know mine was in the minority and there are so many frames out there being hit harder which are lasting a lot longer.

Looking on the bright side for Dibly I suppose all this publicity can't be a bad thing (Who was is that said "there is no such thing as bad publicity" - but don't say that to Angus Deyton) - great way of getting the name known quickly although to capitalise on it you'll have to prove to everyone the proof is in the pudding.

Good luck to you Dibly, hope it goes well.

dialledbikes

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Honestly.  Dialled Bikes has "only" sold between 800-900 frames since I started it in 2003.  I'm still very proud to have sold that many though as I had no idea how successful the company would be when I started it and I still don't do a great deal to advertise or promote it.  Any ads I have taken out have been more to support the mag than to advertise the products (e.g. Reinforced, 2024 and Fast Lane).

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18 AM »
All you Bike builders deserve better than the bashing you have seen on this thread, you are the real reason this sport goes on and on and kids still ride bikes.  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:.

Street Judge, post with proof eh mate. I mean anyone can say anything without proof it means nothing. Dibly was a Radster who went on to do his dream, would trust his word all day long over a new poster without proof  :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48 PM »
Familiarity breeds contempt.

Loads of people give mad props to people like Bob Haro, Chris Moeller, Rick Moliterno, etc (and rightly so) for having the vision and balls to set up their own bike companies.

But when it's someone closer to home, it sometimes gets dismissed as being less relevant or impressive.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Familiarity breeds contempt.

Loads of people give mad props to people like Bob Haro, Chris Moeller, Rick Moliterno, etc (and rightly so) for having the vision and balls to set up their own bike companies.

But when it's someone closer to home, it sometimes gets dismissed as being less relevant or impressive.

That's just a UK mentality dude....success is often frowned upon in this country where as in the U.S. it's celebrated. It's just the way it is with many people, not sure why and this is not directed at anyone in particular, whether they've contributed to this post or not, but it just is.

As my old Nan used to say....Never knock a Man who tries and fails, only knock a Man who fails to try!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

teamsano

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 05:26 PM »
i just heard a local rider at our park snapped his uk frame last night.

DJ

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I love you Gordon.... you & timmins are the reason myself & remo loved bmx as much as we did bitd

teamsano

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 10:01 PM »
its just been confirmed, 3 weeks it lasted.  :(

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2009, 06:19 AM »
There used to be a guy at my work who is well into Downhill MTB & BMX, he is 20 years old about 20 stone & I think his IQ was also about 20  :)

Now he would break whatever he rode after a few days/weeks, there is not a BMX frame he has not broken, some would last longer than others, but they all broke.

oldschool rider

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2009, 10:55 AM »
F.F.S LET IT GO............BIKES BREAK..............PERIOD !!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00 AM »

Just out of interest which frame was it? Evolution or Revolution?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2009, 12:35 PM »
F.F.S LET IT GO............BIKES BREAK..............PERIOD !!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff:

Best thing that's been said on this thread dude!!  :daumenhoch:

I said the same, thing sbreak, they're NOT indestructible, especially not with the hammer that they take!!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2009, 12:59 PM »

Discussing things like this is just part of what these forums are here for  ::)

Lazarou

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2009, 02:07 PM »

Lets see now if we can name a brand that we've never heard of a breakage from.   Freestyle bikes, obviously.

Now that's a tough one! I can only come up with Zima (saying that Steve may have broken one of those!)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2009, 04:12 PM »

Discussing things like this is just part of what these forums are here for  ::)

Maybe so Chris, but flinging mud that could stick aint. I mean read through this thread again and some of the posts are ridiculous  :LolLolLolLol:, And Daz that quote is the dogs  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I totally agree about flinging mud, but thats not what I & most others do on here   :daumenhoch:

I have one of these UK Bikes & all this "talk" has not put me off at all, I think they are great  :coolsmiley:

Check it out.....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:51 PM by wish id kept my TA »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Looking good  :coolsmiley:

Are you 7ft twelvety oneteen tall   ???
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Yes the seat is a little high, I only got the post yesterday, don't like the stump one I had  :(

I will lower it a bit  :daumenhoch:

But just a bit  ;)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2009, 06:06 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Cool bike dude  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I totally agree about flinging mud, but thats not what I & most others do on here   :daumenhoch:

I have one of these UK Bikes & all this "talk" has not put me off at all, I think they are great  :coolsmiley:

Check it out.....

Very nice dude, nice to see someone else sporting skinwall tyres too  :daumenhoch:

Daz.

teamsano

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2009, 11:44 PM »

Just out of interest which frame was it? Evolution or Revolution?

its the really low slung one, so i guess its the revolution, not the same as that black one a few posts up.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx