gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 05:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden wednesday 11th march abit of a reunion all welcome for some radness
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hersden wednesday 11th march abit of a reunion all welcome for some radness  (Read 14223 times)

tony williams

dave did think we could do a proper reuoin in the summer at the bay put add in all the shops and do a few papers real try and find all the old names was going to look a few up when i go to dover that week but a good idea matie

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
It looks like I'll be the one there to make you guys look good Godlike!!!   A veritable whos who of guys (and girls) queuing to kick my ar$e into April!!!

What time is this all happening?

mr.magoo

don't worry dude, we aint as fast as we think, sure nobody who saw me on my first outing in 22 years, back in may, would have thought i'd be competitive straight outta the box, gardening gloves and all, don't under estimate yourself, and never put anybody on a pedalstal or youll never beat them (i know that one with a mr llewellyn....he was so my hero, everytime i was in front i fell off, cos i couldn't believe i was beating my hero :'(

tony williams

HAVERTON MAGOO  :LolLolLolLol:
ruff and tuff 11th march hersden not set a time yet ive not raced for over 20yrs so dont worry about being slow its going to meet some old and new friends it started out as a homing coming for myself and a few old mates now looks like it going to be a load of us get ur bike out and join in the radness extremeperv is going to be there so you and me will not look that slow ( love u dave ) but he knows evey name to ever racer and how good thay done he really is the knowledge so come on down for tall storys and some fun
ALL WELCOME JUST KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR A TIME

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Looking forward to it.... not really out to beat anyone, but have some fun and listen to the stories!  I'll keep an eye out for the time...

tony williams

happy days look forward to see u ruff n tuff

SEARLE

Tony, just an idea, how about maybe putting an advert for this in Dover/Folkestone local paper. I'd love to see all the old names from our ' era ' Caroline Curtis, Hayley Elsbury, Paul Howard, Dallas Ashbridge, Brian Emslie, Darren Bliss, Mark & Gary Musson, Matt & Kevin Millar, Carl Landsborogh, Wayne Shingleton, just to name a few............ ;D ;D
wayne shinglton,darren bliss.i remember them only too well dave

mr.magoo

wayne got me into BMX, lived round the corner from me, he used to come along on his silver streak when i was on a ladies shopping bike...Darren...the only kid i know so spoilt if he was gonna fall off he'd launch the bike so he would hit the deck and get dirty....both fast guys though, particularly Wayne, both gave up before reaching their full potential

Buckmore Bat

Wayne Shingleton,Darren Bliss and Me.Folkstone 84.

xtremepervert

;D ;D Look like church choir-boys :LolLolLolLol:

This was the first time that i met Buckmore Bat. Martyn Peal said " this is Glendower " and BB said " alright Glen "

The b"%^77d pushed me off the podium that day though...... I was 4th  :'(

mr.magoo

any one think darren bliss looked like Morten Harket (lead singer from A-Ha)?

tony williams

i have many about wayne we used to knock about together going to look him up when im in dover dont think he works away anymore top bloke though asfor darren bliss lived with his auntie she got him what ever he wanted

xtremepervert

I noticed that Darren Bliss was on friendsreunited about 6 years ago. I tried to contact him on it, but he never replied  ???

tony williams

if bliss is in to flash motors il know someone who will know him ill have a look  about when im back in the home town with my townies lol  more like downies in dover , think this is more a job for magoo as he is local and with that time on his hands when his had his opp come on magoo get your finger out and find the boys of dover
JAY any idea where james molby lives i know his moved as his mums dump was sold in river last time i was there

mr.magoo

sorry Tony, can't help mate, don't see anybody, and no connections, ask anyone, apart from immediate family, work and racing i am a complete hermit.....No I am not taking the proverbial...its true :-[

tony williams

magoo
this is your chance to take the lead in bringing the oldskool BMX FAMILY of dover together cant u put a sign on the shop door do u know the following get them to call and put my number on it a bit cheeky i know lol

mr.magoo

take it you've never been into one of our shops, put your phone number up????? we don't even have a public phone line into the shop, let alone advertise our private ones, don't even let thieving scumbags know my sirname, or know which car is mine :LolLolLolLol:

tony williams

ill give up for now but you know ill keep trying we need to sit and come up a list of locals and ill do a bit of home or just put a add in the dover paper its only money lol

big kev 40

im rounding up the sheppey boys 

TK The Mic

We could re create the feel of Crabble Athletic Grounds skate board rink in 1983. Peter Bland might turn up with his radio thats about the size of a wardrobe singing out the footie scores. (He is still about, practically running Dover Athletic, thats why they are doing so well. ;D)
Heres a few names that used to get up there, Tony Wittingham, James Molby, Stuart Andrews, Steve Mockle, Neil Kelly, Dave Hoile, Laine Burrett and Paul Knott could turn up and finish the day in casualty. (sorry bruv)

TK

mr.magoo

Tony, don't forget Keith Walters, running round, giving us mobile target practise to ride at :LolLolLolLol:

Pete bland, had a major thing about singing Stevie Wonder, I just called, when ever i was there with Molby.

kamodo

Hey Mr Glendower, sounds like an awsome get together of kent BMXers. Are you still in contact with the Spillers ?........is George
still detained at her majestys plesure (or was that just a rumour)

PM me your address, I have a SE QLD champs shirt for you to wear at Hersden.

mr.magoo

Little george in the grey holiday motel :wtf:

xtremepervert

Hi Gary, Billy Omer see's him sometimes i think as one of his kids plays football. I think he has split from his missus & doesn't live in the same place now. Not sure about if he's keeping out of trouble.

Yes Neil, George did a bit of porridge in about 1995 or so for nicking car parts from that big car compound that used to be near Pfizers!!!

mr.magoo

which one, the Audi one or the Gefco, peugeot and citroen transporters, that i used to do the imports for when i was just outta school.....but they moved to sheppey, less thieves :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden wednesday 11th march abit of a reunion all welcome for some radness

gfxgfx
gfx gfx